Scariest thing I`ve ever done: Kesha on rehab
Los Angeles: Singer Kesha had checked herself into a rehab centre in January and said the decision was the scariest one.
In an interview with Teen Vogue magazine, the 26-year-old shared why she checked into the rehab, reports contactmusic.com.
"My eating disorder is something I`ve been struggling with for a while. People will make up stories, but I went to rehab for an eating disorder-nothing more and nothing less," she said.
"Making my last record `Warrior` was a pretty miserable process, and it wore my spirit down. I was fighting like hell to keep my whole irreverent essence and everything raw and visceral that I stand for in it...
"But in the end I was promoting something that wasn`t the animal I wanted it to be. I decided to face my problem head-on," she added.
She also shared how her personal problems began to conflict with her positive public image.
"My whole message is to love who you are and accept all your beautiful imperfections," she said.
"When I felt I was slipping into unloving territory with myself, I knew I had to listen to my own advice and correct it.
"I have a public persona where I need to be fun all the time, and I refuse to be a hypocrite. I felt I needed to get help, not only for myself but also for my fans. My worst fear in life is to be fake," she added.
Describing her decision to head to rehab as "the scariest thing I`ve ever done", she admitted "in hindsight, it saved my life."
"I`m in an industry where people photograph your body and zoom in and blow it up and put it on the cover of magazines, and other people make terrible comments," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!
- Kahaani 2 weekend collections: Vidya Balan starrer mints Rs 16 cr
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall