Seven in 10 Brits claim of plan to lose weight
London: A new survey has revealed that after the merriment of Christmas and New Year’s Day, seven in 10 Britons claim they have a plan to lose weight.
The research was commissioned by weight-loss company ‘Thinking Slimmer’.
Brits spend half as much again on losing the festive flab as they splurge on piling it on with extra food and drink to celebrate Christmas and New Year.
While food and drinks over the holiday period add up to an average 182 pounds per person, they splash another 90 pounds on New Year resolutions to shed the extra weight.
Over the holiday period, socialising at work, meals with friends, neighbours and family mean people get through three large Christmas-style dinners (54 pounds), have four nights out (77 pounds) and attend two parties (16 pounds) as well as consuming extra booze, chocolate and nibbles at home (35 pounds).
“Eating is a habit and many people consume far more than their body needs, which turns into the fat they’re desperate to lose by January,” a daily quoted Sandra Roycroft-Davis, founder of Thinking Slimmer, as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan returns to stun you! Check out Femina cover PIC
- Deepika Padukone looks incredibly stunning on the cover of Filmfare!
- Jackie Chan on the sets of ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ – See PICS
- Salman Khan introduces THIS child actor after Harshaali Malhotra – See PICS
- Salman Khan meets Jackie Chan – See PIC
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall