Shailene Woodley eats clay to stay healthy
Los Angeles: `The Descendants` star Shailene Woodley has revealed that she eats clay as it helps her body to excrete unnecessary materials.
The 22-year-old actress talked about her clay-eating habit during her appearance on a chat show earlier this week, reportedly.
"I do eat clay. Clay is one of my favourites because if you look at indigenous cultures around the world, they eat clay almost daily," she said.
Woodley also explained that she ordered the edible clay from a company which obtains the material from Colorado. She eats a teaspoon of clay a day in addition to using it as toothpaste.
"Clay binds to other materials in your body and helps your body excrete those materials - that are not necessarily the best for you," she added.
Woodley next will be seen in `The Fault in Our Stars`. Based on a novel of the same name by John Green, the movie tells the story of teenagers who fall in love after taking part in a cancer support group
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra is spilling hotness all over this summer! - Pic inside
- 'Ok Jaanu' stars Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor take party spirit up a notch! - View pictures
- Riteish Deshmukh fulfills Madhuri Dixit's wish on TV show
- Don't know what item songs mean: Zareen Khan
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall