Shakira cried tears of joy for baby, says her mom
Barcelona: Shakira "became very emotional and the tears flowed" the first time she held her baby, her mother said Friday at the clinic where the singer gave birth to son Milan.
Milan is a "beautiful boy" who "doesn`t cry a lot", Nidia Ripoll, accompanied by husband William Mubarak, told the crowd of reporters camped outside the clinic in Barcelona.
She also said Shakira was not in pain after the delivery, which took place by cesarean.
Asked whether Milan resembles his dad, FC Barcelona defender Gerard Pique, Ripoll said it was too soon to say.
Shakira`s mother was also unable to shed any light on when the singer would be leaving the clinic.
"Last night we saw the big goal," Ripoll said, referring to Pique`s tally in Barcelona`s 4-2 win over Malaga in the Copa del Rey quarterfinals.
Milan Pique Mebarak, the first child of the soccer standout and and the international pop superstar, was born Tuesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall