Shilpa Shetty blames lifestyle for increase in cancer cases
Mumbai: Actress Shilpa Shetty says it is the current lifestyle of most people, which is hugely responsible for the increase in the number of cancer patients. Healthy and fit, she has urged the public to follow the right way of living.
"I feel that cancer has become a very common disease. Earlier we used to hear about thyroid and diabetes. Now unfortunately, every second person has cancer. It`s pretty scary, and I feel this is also happening because of our lifestyle," the 40-year-old said here Friday at the Cancer Aid and Research Foundation.
"I think there is so much pollution. We are eating so much steroid-infused food and junk food. I think our lifestyle is very deteriorated these days. So I just urge people to start living a healthier lifestyle to enjoy a healthier life," she added.
Shilpa spent some time with children suffering from cancer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!