Sinead O’Connor hates to be called ‘crazy’
London: Sinead O’Connor wants sufferers of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) to be treated with kindness, as she thinks referring to them as “crazy” is “a term of abuse”.
The ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ singer, who claims to have been a victim of child abuse, was diagnosed with the condition last year after doctors told her she was bipolar.
The 45-year-old star has become known over the years for her offbeat behaviour and is often referred as “crazy” in the press, a term she despises as her illness can’t be helped.
“There’s no drug treatment for PTSD. Sufferers get bashed because we’re ‘crazy’, but crazy is a term of abuse. We need to be compassionate,” the News Express quoted her as telling People magazine.
However, the troubled Irish singer, who recently underwent hospital treatment for depression, insists that she’s managed to hide the worst of her troubles from her two youngest kids, aged eight and five.
“I’ve been good about keeping it together at home. But at work, I was falling apart. That’s why I went to a hospital in January, so they (her children) wouldn’t be exposed. My older kids see the papers, they know I’ve had difficulty with depression and aren’t frightened by it,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Planning to buy stylish shades? Here's your guide to buying perfect sunglasses
- 'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: Survey
- Sussanne Khan clarifies on patching-up with Hrithik Roshan—Details inside!
- Jiah Khan case: HC refuses to extend stay on trial against Sooraj Pancholi
- Watch: Sushmita Sen delivers a wonderful speech at daughters' school event!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall