Sip red wine for healthy heart, brain
New Delhi: Drinking red wine can help protect the heart, and it may boost brain power too.
According to beauty magnate Liz Earle, creator of Liz Earle Beauty company, drinking red wine in moderation may prevent blood clots and strokes, and hence keep the heart healthy.
The drink can even help in warding off certain cancers including colon and prostate, reports contactmusic.com.
A glass of red wine contains high amounts of antioxidants which not only help our cells fight against free radical damage, but also increase cholesterol levels in a positive way. It also contains procyanidins which help reduce blood pressure and protect against hardening of the arteries.
Earle also said that red wine may boost brain power, especially for older women.
But keep your intake to a glass or two, not a whole bottle!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Rustom' trailer out: Bollywood in awe of Akshay Kumar!
- Kriti Sanon has mastered the 'lower-back' workout – This video is a proof!
- Saiyami Kher is fresh as a dewdrop: Shabana Azmi
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall