Sir Michael Caine credits wife and grandchildren to staying youthful
London: Sir Michael Caine, who is 78 years old, has revealed his secrets staying youthful, which include his grandchildren, his career and his beautiful wife.
The ‘Play Dirty’ star also said that never looking at his own reflection in the mirror makes him feel young.
“I don’t feel very old, but I never look in a mirror so I always think I’m about 38,” the Mirror quoted him as saying.
Caine, who has been married for 40 years, first saw the Miss World finalist in a TV ad for Maxwell House coffee. He was a bit of a playboy at the time with lots of girlfriends, but was instantly smitten.
“Oh we’re so romantic. We go off on little honeymoons. Every now and again we go off to a lovely hotel called the George V in Paris and have a weekend honeymoon away from everybody.
After complaining that his two daughters were slow to give him grandchildren, the love couple recently acquired three, and he couldn’t be happier about it.
“I was 75 and suddenly got three grandchildren. My youngest daughter had a son and the next year she had twins. I’ve got two boys and a girl, so it’s perfect.
“You don’t quite know how wonderful it is until you get them. And then you become completely besotted with them.
“I am, and my wife is even worse. I’m just like the grandchildren now, playing Ben on the iPad. It’s great, fantastic,” he said.
Caine, who has appeared in some of the most memorable British movies of all time, has had one of the longest careers in the industry.
Despite his advancing years, Caine clearly has no intention of putting his feet up for good quite yet.
“In my life I’ve always been so fortunate.
“I touch wood every day. Every decade has been great for me,” he added.
Caine has just finished filming his starring role in Mr Morgan’s Last Love, with Gillian Anderson of the ‘X Files’ and Harry Potter’s Clemence Poesy.
He is one of the only two Hollywood actors nominated for an Academy Award for acting in every decade from the 1960s to 2000s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall