Skype helped Gemma Arterton stay in shape
Los Angeles: Actress Gemma Arterton worked out with her trainer with the help of Skype while shooting for a film.
She had to workout six days a week when she was in Ireland for `Byzantium`.
"It`s the new thing, we`ve decided, because I was filming in Ireland. I hate working out in gyms, and I don`t like the way they make your body look," Marie Claire magazine quoted Arterton as saying.
While Gemma was keen to get in shape for the movie -- in which she plays Clara, a vampire prostitute and mother who is protective of her daughter, played by Saoirse Ronan -- she insists too many "intelligent actresses" are slimming down in excess.
"I saw an actress I know and she`s lost so much weight. She`s gone from a size 12 to a size four within two months," she said.
"There are so many good, intelligent actresses doing this, and I just think, `Why does that go hand in hand with the acting profession?` It shouldn`t. It lets the side down. It lets down team woman."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan's 'Bigg Boss 9' promo was not offensive: Delhi Police to court
- Victoria, David Beckham separation slammed as 'all rubbish'
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Arjun Kapoor- Kareena Kapoor’s ‘Ki and Ka’ debate – Watch, it’s funny
- Farah Khan marks triplet's birthday with 3 mn Twitter fans!
- Mindfulness meditation improves health - Here's how
- By keeping your kitchen clean, you can stay slim - Here’s how
- Health benefits of drinking water on empty stomach – Watch video
- Worried about broken sleep? Know why you wake up at night - Watch video
- Winter 2015: Stock up cabinet with easy to make lip balms