Sleep well for sparkling eyes
London: There will be late nights aplenty over the coming days. If you want your eyes to look bright and sparkling, follow some easy tips, like having a good night`s sleep, to help you.
A new study of 2,000 British people, commissioned by Murine eye drops, reveals that nearly two-thirds of people say that their eyes make them feel bad when they are tired. Even then, only one quarter have used eye drops in the past 12 months to soothe them.
Optometrist and spokesperson for Murine eye drops, Lara Hefson, gives out her top five tips for surviving the party season with sparkling eyes:
- Cut down on salty food and alcohol, and drink plenty of water. Keeping your body hydrated is vital.
- Essential oils are a vital part of your diet, and are crucial for tear production. Make sure you have enough eggs and oily fish in your diet, or consider taking a flaxseed oil supplement.
- Placing a hot compress over closed eyes daily helps stimulate tear production and reduces the symptoms of dry eye.
- Sleep well! Tired eyes will look red and puffy and can feel really quite uncomfortable too.
- Using eye drops will provide instant hydration, and also whiten and brighten dull winter eyes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shraddha Kapoor breaks the style code in latest Harper's Bazaar cover! – See pic
- Monsoon getaway: Bigg Boss contestant Mandana Karimi rocks in white while holidaying in Goa- See pic
- Monsoon trouble for shoes? Best tips to save your footwear this rainy season
- 'Rustom': The re-invention of Akshay Kumar
- Milkha Singh launches 'Read India' initiative
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall