Sonam Kapoor supports breast cancer awareness
Mumbai: Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor decided to wear pink in support of the Breast Cancer Awareness Day Friday.
"I am wearing pink to work on Oct 19 to support the cause of breast cancer awareness. I would like to urge everyone to do the same. We believe that a small step like this can help us create a nationwide movement," Sonam said in a statement.
Sonam is the brand ambassador of the Ogaan Cancer Foundation, which has, in association with the ELLE Breast Cancer Campaign, signed up companies to wear pink for the cause.
Sonam, daughter of Anil Kapoor, lost her aunt Mona, to the disease.
"Detecting cancer early is the only way to fight and that requires awareness about tests and a healthy lifestyle," added the actress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shraddha Kapoor still exploring 'singing', finds 'rock music' challenging!
- Priyanka Chopra's debut Marathi production Ventilator gets dramatic world premiere
- Farhan Akhtar opens up on his relationship with 'friend' Abhishek Kapoor
- Raees release: Ritesh Sidhwani happy over MNS' decision to end protest
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu in traditional attire - Try out these looks this festive season
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall