Sonam Kapoor supports breast cancer awareness
Mumbai: Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor decided to wear pink in support of the Breast Cancer Awareness Day Friday.
"I am wearing pink to work on Oct 19 to support the cause of breast cancer awareness. I would like to urge everyone to do the same. We believe that a small step like this can help us create a nationwide movement," Sonam said in a statement.
Sonam is the brand ambassador of the Ogaan Cancer Foundation, which has, in association with the ELLE Breast Cancer Campaign, signed up companies to wear pink for the cause.
Sonam, daughter of Anil Kapoor, lost her aunt Mona, to the disease.
"Detecting cancer early is the only way to fight and that requires awareness about tests and a healthy lifestyle," added the actress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Honesty, sincerity behind 'Dangal' worked in its favour: Director Nitesh Tiwari
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall