Stick to healthy eating resolution
Washington: Every year the top New Year resolution is to eat better and finally lose those extra pounds.
Now, it’s time to check in and see if you’ve set yourself up for success this year.
Brittany Glassett, a registered dietitian at Porter Adventist Hospital has come up with a few tips to help you stick to your healthy eating resolution.
1) Make smart goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely.
For example, instead of resolving to ‘eat better’, make a goal to eat fast food less than three times per month.
2) Write goals down and choose one or two to focus on at a time.
Don’t get overwhelmed once you’ve incorporated one or two changes into your lifestyle, pick another goal to tackle. Remember, it takes about three weeks to establish a new habit.
3) Break your goal down into mini-goals.
If you want to lose 50 pounds, that’s a pretty big feat and can seem impossible at times. Start with a mini-goal of losing 5 pounds in the next month.
4) Get support.
Tell family and friends about your goal to help keep you accountable when temptation arises. Better yet, get them on the fast track to being healthy also!
5) Plan ahead.
Plan all of your meals and go to the grocery store on Sunday. That way you won’t get home from work with nothing to eat but delivery pizza. Also, schedule your workouts just as you would any other meeting.
Here are six small changes that could make a big difference:
a). Choose more whole grains.
b). Add more colour to your plate.
c). Don’t skip meals, especially breakfast.
d). Don’t drink your calories.
e). Replace vegetable oil with canola oil and olive oil in your kitchen..
f). Keep a food diary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vikas Bahl questions demand to boycott Pakistani artistes
- Pakistani actors must condemn attack on Indians: Anupam Kher
- 'Modern Family' to feature transgender child actor
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- Think calmly, speak calmly: Juhi Chawla advises people who 'have gone out of senses'
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall