Suchitra might be released from hospital in a few days
Kolkata: With the condition of ailing actress Suchitra Sen having stabilised, doctors today said she might be released from hospital in the next two to three days for treatment at home.
"She is critical even now, but her condition has stabilised. So, we can release her after which she can be treated at home," Pradip Tandon, CEO of Belle Vue Clinic, told reporters here.
He said that the condition of the 82-year-old screen goddess of yesteryears remained much the same as yesterday and her vital parameters were stable. "But age is working against her."
Sen and her family members, actresses Moon Moon, Riya and Raima, have wished that she should be treated at home now, sources said.
Sen was admitted to the super-speciality hospital on December 23 following a respiratory tract infection. Later she was treated in a private Intensive Treatment Unit for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Led by Dr Subrata Maitra, a medical board was formed to monitor the health of its star patient around-the-clock.
Sen, who has been living the life of a recluse in a south Kolkata apartment, has starred in memorable Hindi films like `Devdas`, and `Aandhi` and `Saat Paake Bandha`, `Agnipariksha`, `Saptapadi` and `Deep Jwele Jai` in Bengali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adult film actress Jessica Drake accuses Donald Trump of sexual misconduct
- Happy that protests against Karan Johar's movie are over: Madhur Bhandarkar on 'ADHM' row
- Children helping Angelina Jolie to rethink divorce tactics from Brad Pitt
- Here's how to get glowing skin this Diwali
- Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis—Here's why
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall