Suffering health problems Argentine rocker hospitalized
Buenos Aires: Argentine rocker Charly Garcia was admitted early Sunday to a hospital in Cordoba, a city in central Argentina, after suffering health problems at a concert he was giving.
The 60-year-old musician fainted onstage at Cordoba`s Superdomo Orfeo, where he was giving a recital, and he was given first aid in his dressing room, the government news agency Telam reported Sunday.
His band told the public that Garcia had suffered a bout of low blood pressure and that he would shortly return to the stage, but after about 40 minutes of first aid he was taken to the Modelo Cardiology Institute in Cordoba, located 800 km north of Buenos Aires.
The artist`s blood pressure was actually spiking upward when he entered the hospital, the director of the medical center, Jose Sala, said.
Garcia is "stable, fine, lucid and is cooperating with the doctors", Sala told the Todo Noticias television channel, which broadcasts from Buenos Aires.
The rocker returned to the stage in 2009 after undergoing treatment to break his addiction to drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hotness alert! Check out Rubina Dilaik’s too-sexy-to-handle avatar
- Salman Khan’s ‘Bigg Boss’ season 10: Check out the tentative list of contestants
- Rahul Khanna to host TV show 'The Mavericks'
- Look what Sonali Bendre has to say about her comeback
- Playing Sikh man in a serious film was tough: Vir Das
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall