Sunbathing takes toll on Chantelle Houghton
London: Model Chantelle Houghton says frequent sunbathing has left her skin damaged, and so she prefers to use a fake tan product!
"I used to go on sunbeds between three and four times a week before I was pregnant with Dolly, and I`ve just started to notice that I`ve got dark spots on my cheeks and chin where my skin has been sun damaged," Houghton wrote in her new magazine column, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
With concerns about tanning and the long-term dangers associated with it, including cancer, Houghton now prefers to tan out of a bottle as it is safer and easier option.
"It`s really bad. I don`t even enjoy sitting in the sun anymore. Years ago, I`d literally sunbathe until the sun went down. I think it`s easier - and safer - to top up your tan using fake tan products," she added.
The 29-year-old, who has a daughter Dolly with ex-fiance, martial artist Alex Reid, says she avoided using sunbeds or sunbathing when she was pregnant. But sun tanning is still popular in her hometown Essex.
"I read last week that a third of all tanning salons in the Britain closed down last year because the appeal of a tan is fading. Not in Essex, it isn`t! Spray tans are still as popular as ever, but I think everyone is a bit more wary of using sunbeds these days," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- 'Iron Man 3' actor Miguel Ferrer dead after battling throat cancer
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- THIS is what Shah Rukh Khan can't do in front of camera!
- Shah Rukh Khan heads to 'Bigg Boss 10' sets, will meet Salman Khan!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall