Superstar Rajinikanth`s condition is stable, say doctors
Chennai: Rajinikanth’s fans across the globe have been offering endless prayers to the almighty to cure their superstar of all illness. The 61 year old legendry actor, who has been hospitalised for the third time since the last week of April is stable, said the doctors.
He was hospitalised here for respiratory infection, temperature and fatigue and has been receiving comprehensive treatment and his condition is stable, doctors attending on him said.
"Rajinikanth, admitted to Sri Ramachandra Medical University on May 13 for respiratory and gastro intestinal problems for which he had undergone relevant investigations, is receiving appropriate and comprehensive treatment. His vital parameters are stable," an SRMU release said.
However, family members of the veteran star have been tight-lipped about his health as they do not want his fans to panic. Many of his diehard followers have been desperately waiting outside the hospital hoping their idol recovers quickly.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and ex-Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu had visited Rajinikanth to wish him good health on Monday.
The 61-year-old actor is spending his time with his family members.
The `Enthiran` star, who suffered from viral fever and exhaustion recently, was admitted to SRMU at suburban Porur days after he was discharged from another hospital where he
was treated for allergic bronchitis and viral fever.
He had suffered from exhaustion on April 29, the first day of the shoot of his new period film `Rana` co-starring Deepika Padukone, which is being directed by K S Ravikumar.
He was admitted to Isabel Hospital in the city and discharged the same day, only to be re-admitted there on May 4 for allergic bronchitis and viral fever.
His family had last week dismissed reports that his health had deteriorated.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shilpa Shinde files FIR against 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer, accuses him of sexual harassment!
- FIR against Shirish Kunder for 'insulting' UP CM Yogi Adityanath!
- Alia Bhatt achieved everything on her own: Pooja Bhatt
- Sixth sense in women key self-defence, says Vidyut Jammwal
- The Voice India...' winner wants to playback for Salman Khan
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall