Support important for healing process: Manisha Koirala on cancer awareness
New Delhi: Bollywood actress and a cancer survivor Manisha Koirala has joined hands with Sahachari Foundation to raise funds for cancer survivor. She says support in any form helps the healing process
The initiative is called Design One and the foundation will donate specially designed mastectomy blouses to the woman`s cancer initiative for Tata Memorial Hospital and Manisha is excited about supporting the cause.
"Having gone through the experience myself, I feel that support in any way or form is an important part of the healing process. I hope these specially designed blouses will give that much needed boost to women who have fought breast cancer and survived it," said the actress.
"Sahachari Foundation`s support to cancer survivors in the form of the donation convinced me that I had to be associated with the cause," added the actress who found solace in yoga following her successful battle against cancer in 2012.
Design One, a two-day couture extravaganza that brings together some of the leading designers to raise funds for deserving NGO`s working for women`s betterment, will be held at The Lodhi hotel from Feb 26.
The fourth edition will see designers like Pankaj and Nidhi, Mayank and Shradha, Atsu Sekhose, Falguni Mehta, and Rina Singh showcasing their spring-summer 2014 collection that will range from couture apparel, fine jewelleries to accessories.
Proceeds from the exhibition will be donated to select NGOs at the year end
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's how 'Ahoi Ashtami' is celebrated
- Maharashtra CM assured smooth release of 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', says Mukesh Bhatt
- Love Day: Pyar Ka Din movie review Tedious and uninspiring
- Ranbir Kapoor - Anushka Sharma - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan vs Salman Khan: TRP battle this weekend
- Where nationalism is concerned, I don't think Bollywood is divided: Ajay Devgn
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall