Susan Boyle relieved after Asperger`s syndrome diagnosis
London: Scottish singer Susan Boyle is relieved after being diagnosed with Asperger`s syndrome, a form of autism.
"I was told I had brain damage when I was a kid. It was the wrong diagnosis. I always knew it was an unfair label. Now, I have a clearer understanding of what`s wrong and I feel relieved and a bit more relaxed about myself," mirror.co.uk quoted Boyle as saying.
The 52-year-old, who shot to fame after performing "I dream a dream" on "Britain’s Got Talent" show in 2009, was told about the condition a year ago.
Asperger’s affects communication and social interaction. However, Boyle said she will not let it change her life.
“I think people will treat me better because they will have a much greater understanding of who I am and why I do the things I do,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- ‘Bride’ Bipasha Basu’s father blesses her in traditional Bengali style – See Pic
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Aditya Pancholi’s reaction on being asked about Adhyayan Suman is shocking
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall