Susan Boyle uses religion to deal with fame
London: Singer Susan Boyle turns to religion whenever she struggles to deal with the pressures of her demanding career.
The `I Dreamed A Dream` hitmaker, who shot to stardom Britain`s Got Talent in 2009, has made no secret of her difficulty coping with her new found fame and even checked into a rehab clinic in London to deal with exhaustion following the talent contest`s finale, reported Daily Star online.
Boyle, who is a devoted Roman Catholic, says the Church is her safety net and she finds companionship in God whenever she feels lonely.
"(The) Church is the backbone of my life and it always has been. It`s kind of a safety net. You like to feel you`ve got someone to talk to and I use God as a companion. Sometimes, when I get a quiet space, it`s good to meditate. I like to meditate on where I am and who I am - things like that," Boyle said.
The singer also said that she had a "weak turn" when she met the Pope two years ago after a performance in Glasgow, Scotland.
"It was rather nerve-wracking. When they told me I was going to meet his Holiness, I had a wee (little) bit of a weak turn. It was quite something, a once-in-a-lifetime experience. You don`t know how you feel at the time because you`re too numb. It was very humbling," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zayn Malik deserves happiness: Rebecca Ferguson
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening day
- IMPPA ban on Pakistani actors has no relevance: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Karan Patel deletes his angry social media post against Pakistan – Know why
- Won't let 'Ae Dil Hai Mushqil' and 'Raees' release: Raj Thackeray
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall