Taslima diagnosed with breast tumours in US
Dhaka: Exiled Bangladeshi writer Taslima Nasreen has been diagnosed with breast tumours at a hospital in New York.
The biopsy report is expected to come May 12.
Taslima appears very worried because her mother had died of cancer and a brother was undergoing treatment for cancer in New York, the report said.
Taslima has tweeted about her worries and said she had a sumptuous meal of Hyderabadi Biryani at New York`s Paradise restaurant immediately after her biopsy.
She arrived in the city a week ago to avoid the harsh Indian summer.
Taslima is a medical doctor, having received her MBBS degree from Mymensingh Medical College in 1986.
Besides working as a doctor, she continued with her passion for writing.
After her novel "Lajja" (shame) hit the stands, she incurred the ire of the fundamentalists and had to leave Bangladesh in 1998.
She has been living in India and several western countries since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall