London: Are you one of the calorie-conscious people who shun friends in favour of your figure? If you think socialising would ruin your diet, think again as it`s all about making the right choices.
Fitness and wellbeing expert Jessie Pavelka shares tips, reports femalefirst.co.uk:
* If you know you are going to be eating out, think about what you need to do to moderate what you’re having throughout the rest of the day. You can even look up the menu online first so that you order wisely.
* Don’t be afraid to ask for your food to be adapted to suit your needs. Many restaurants are happy to adapt dishes to your needs.
* Look for dishes with lots of colour. If all else fails, eating lots of fresh and colourful ingredients means you’re getting a range of nutrients.
* Check out lower carbohydrate options as it is required for energy.
* It`s fine to treat yourself with a glass of alcohol, but don’t overdo it.