Tips to free hair from dandruff
New York: The stubborn white flakes on hair cause embarrassment without fail. Kiss goodbye to dandruff with some help from aspirin, natural oils and more.
Huffingtonpost.com suggests how to get rid of dandruff:
* Aspirin: Take two tablets of aspirin and crush them into a fine powder. Then add it to shampoo that you would use to wash your hair with. Once it`s in lather, let it remain in the hair for one to two minutes and then rinse. Then wash the hair again with normal shampoo in order to eliminate any powder that may remain. Aspirin contains salicylates, which is the active ingredient in dandruff shampoos that contain salicylic acid.
* Natural oils: Oils like coconut, almond or olive can be used to keep the scalp moisturised and prevent dandruff. Simply warm up some oil in a bowl and apply with a scalp massage, ensuring that the entire scalp is covered. Wrap the hair and scalp in a towel and leave the oil on overnight. Then rinse the hair in the morning.
* Vinegar: It can be used to keep your scalp from becoming flaky. After washing your hair, mix two cups of apple cider vinegar with two cups of cold water and use to rinse the shampoo from your hair. Alternatively, you could apply white vinegar to the scalp and leave it on overnight with a towel, and then wash out of the hair with regular shampoo the next day.
* Baking soda: Replace your shampoo with baking soda for a few weeks; vigorously rub a handful of baking soda into the scalp and rinse thoroughly. Repeat as you would in your regular schedule of washing your hair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aww! Here's a sweet gesture by Alia Bhatt towards mom Soni Razdan – Check out
- Birthday bash! Shah Rukh Khan, Aryan, Navya Naveli turn up at Karan Johar's birthday party – See pics
- Have always been confident about my work: Richa Chadha
- Bored of saris, anarkalis on special occasions? Innovate
- Twitteratti want Captain America to turn 'gay'
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall