Treat sunburn with cool bath, aloe
New York: If you step out of your house without sunscreen and if your skin turns blazing red, it’s better to move inside. Also bathe with cold water and use aloe to treat sunburn.
Here are some tips to repair skin, reports huffingtonpost.com:
* Stay away from sun: As soon as sunburn becomes evident, get out of the sun. Some damage has already been done, and you don`t want to harm your skin any more. Stay out of the sun until the burn fades.
* Assess the damage: If a couple of small blisters pop up, it`s safe to treat the burn at home. But if you develop blisters on more than 20 percent of your body, seek medical attention immediately.
* Take a cool bath: It`s also important to cool the skin down. But skip the shower. The continual blast of water on your scorched skin will not feel good. Take a bath to cool down the skin gently. Also skip the soap, which will dry the skin out even more.
Instead, add a few scoops of baking soda to your bath. It`s cooling and helps your skin retain moisture.
* Use aloe: If you`re away from home and can`t catch a bath, apply aloe vera. Aloe is a cooling agent and anti-inflammatory. Get the oozy juice straight from an aloe plant if you have one, or else use a store-bought gel.
* Apply lots of lotion: After your bath, slather on lotion. But if you have any small blisters, leave those spots alone. When choosing a lotion, reach for something that is both moisturising and hydrating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri