Use mobile phones carefully, urges Juhi Chawla
Mumbai: Actress-turned-social activist Juhi Chawla has highlighted the harmful effects of radiation from the mobile phones and towers and urged people to use land-line telephones.
Juhi Chawla, along with a citizens` group, organised a press conference Thursday here, to talk about the issue.
"Why don`t the mobile operator companies give us some information about how the mobile phone works and that one should use it carefully? I would say for long-duration calls, one should use either landline phones or connect earphones to your mobile and then use it for longer call duration," Juhi told the reporters here Thursday.
"I think it`s just lack of awareness and information, and that is what I am trying to promote as we all carry a mobile phone in our pockets," added the actress.
Juhi, a mother of two, also requested parents to keep their kids away from the mobile phones as they are more prone to its health hazards.
According to reports, earlier this month, the actress and her fellow activist Prakash Munshi asked the state government to ensure that the rules for mobile phone towers curb the radiation hazard.
The actress will soon be seen in producer Anubhav Sinha`s `Gulaab Gang`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adult film actress Jessica Drake accuses Donald Trump of sexual misconduct
- Happy that protests against Karan Johar's movie are over: Madhur Bhandarkar on 'ADHM' row
- Children helping Angelina Jolie to rethink divorce tactics from Brad Pitt
- Here's how to get glowing skin this Diwali
- Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis—Here's why