Want glowing skin? Include vinegar in diet
London: Sipping on a vinegar-infused drink every morning is the latest health food item endorsed by celebrities to lose weight and maintain a youthful glow.
Actress Megan Fox has said that because of her "really big sweet tooth", she`ll sometimes cleanse with a combination of apple cider vinegar and water, claiming it "cleans out your system".
Supermodel Miranda Kerr drizzles it on her salad, while actress Gwyneth Paltrow and singer Madonna rely on it to keep their looks in check, reports dailymail.co.uk.
And now there is also a restaurant with a menu dedicated to fermented vinegar here.
The Raw Duck in London`s Hackney is an eatery to have a menu dedicated to ferments - and apple cider vinegar with a little sugar and grated apple left to develop for three days is one of its most popular concoctions.
"These are deliciously cleansing and help aid digestion," owner Rory McCoy said.
"When we talk about probiotic, we think of those mass-produced yoghurts but these are the real thing. People should know about them. I try to drink a vinegar or eat a ferment every day for my health," added McCoy.
Katy Mason, nutritionist at The Nutri Centre, says vinegar has been used for centuries for many purposes, pickling, cleaning as a condiment and for health.
"If you look on the internet you will find claims that vinegar, especially apple cider vinegar, will relieve just about any ailment you can think of," she said.
"Nutritional therapists have known about this product for years and will often recommend it to clients to help stimulate the digestion, alkalise the body and help with weight loss," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall