Want to lose weight? Use smartphones
Los Angeles: Get away from healthy eating habits and regular exercises if you want to lose weight as new research shows that smartphones also play a big role in getting into shape.
According to a new study by mobilephonechecker.co.uk, an online platform that offers the best mobile phone deals, as many as one-third of Britishers are now turning to their smartphones when dieting in a bid to help them reach their weight goals.
According to study, 39 percent of people rely heavily on dieting and weight loss phone and tablet application in order to make informed decisions about their food choices.
Also, 81 percent had seen more successful weight loss results through using dieting applications than they did before using them, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“I think it is an absolutely fantastic sign that so many people are using their mobile phones to help aid them with weight loss, and seeing effective results from it. It must be hard to try and stick to a diet or low calorie menu when on the go or out at a restaurant, so being able to track food intake in situations like this on a mobile device must be a godsend to some,” said Adam Cable, director of mobilephonechecker.co.uk.
Some of the reasons for using dieting apps included:
- Easier to track calories and food intake at the push of a button
- Can check calorie content of items before deciding to eat them
- Helpful for planning healthy and nutritious meals in advance
- Cheaper and easier alternative to diet books and magazines
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India feels like home: Fawad Khan
- Ban on women's entry in some temples unfair: Vidya Balan
- Bollywood film 'Neerja' banned in Pakistan
- Salman hit and run case: Victim's family challenge Salman Khan's acquittal
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch
- Mindfulness meditation improves health - Here's how
- By keeping your kitchen clean, you can stay slim - Here’s how
- Health benefits of drinking water on empty stomach – Watch video
- Worried about broken sleep? Know why you wake up at night - Watch video
- Winter 2015: Stock up cabinet with easy to make lip balms