Want to lose weight? Use smartphones
Los Angeles: Get away from healthy eating habits and regular exercises if you want to lose weight as new research shows that smartphones also play a big role in getting into shape.
According to a new study by mobilephonechecker.co.uk, an online platform that offers the best mobile phone deals, as many as one-third of Britishers are now turning to their smartphones when dieting in a bid to help them reach their weight goals.
According to study, 39 percent of people rely heavily on dieting and weight loss phone and tablet application in order to make informed decisions about their food choices.
Also, 81 percent had seen more successful weight loss results through using dieting applications than they did before using them, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“I think it is an absolutely fantastic sign that so many people are using their mobile phones to help aid them with weight loss, and seeing effective results from it. It must be hard to try and stick to a diet or low calorie menu when on the go or out at a restaurant, so being able to track food intake in situations like this on a mobile device must be a godsend to some,” said Adam Cable, director of mobilephonechecker.co.uk.
Some of the reasons for using dieting apps included:
- Easier to track calories and food intake at the push of a button
- Can check calorie content of items before deciding to eat them
- Helpful for planning healthy and nutritious meals in advance
- Cheaper and easier alternative to diet books and magazines
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- It's a wrap for Vidya Balan-Arjun Rampal's 'Kahaani 2'!
- 'Get fit in style'! Shraddha Kapoor stuns in casual too!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Sunny Leone, Taapsee Pannu – Stars who donned the purple colour in elan!
- Irrfan Khan's 'Madaari' release date postponed, will hit screens on July 15!
- Stunner Shilpa Shetty gives ultimate 'summer fashion' goals in crisp white!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall