We eat breakfast in just 3 minutes, that too standing up
London: On an average, people spend just three minutes and 15 seconds on a weekday breakfast, and most of the time they eat it standing up as they are pressed for time, a new study has found.
According to the survey commissioned by Weetabix, only half of us eat breakfast at all, and many prefer to have a lie-in, while others blame the growing pressure to get to work early.
The study also found that only a third of us now eat breakfast in the kitchen. Some resort to eating it in the bedroom, or even the bathroom, with 22 percent getting dressed at the same time.
Around a fifth manage to eat only half their breakfast because they have so little time, while more than a third say they eat their first meal of the day on the bus or train.
In Birmingham, 59 percent of the people said that they were too busy on the Internet or watching TV in the morning to eat breakfast.
In London 57 percent said the same, and 52 percent of people from Bristol and 51 percent of Mancunians agreed.
One in seven eat at their desk at least one morning a week, and one in five confess to grabbing something as they run out of the door and eating it while they walk down the street.
However, three-quarters still said it was the most important meal of the day, and seven in ten always have a hot breakfast.
“Encouragingly, the research indicated that possibly 1.2million of us find time to eat a hot breakfast every single morning and demonstrates that Brits do understand the importance of breakfast, even going as far as eating it on the bus, or in the bathroom, to try and fit it in,” the Daily Mail quoted Sian Porter, a company spokesman as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- The Crew movie review: Visually rich, entertaining
- Sunny Leone does a 'Laila' with Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan on 'Bigg Boss 10'! Pic proof
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall