Wearing bra makes breasts sag
Melbourne: Wearing bras make your breasts sag even more and they do nothing to reduce back pain, a French study spanning 15-years has found.
Jean-Denis Rouillon, Research Professor on the French study, told Counsel and Heal that medically, physiologically, anatomically - breasts gain no benefit from being denied gravity.
On the contrary, Rouillon added, women get saggier with a bra, News.com.au reported.
The study that looked at the changes in breasts of 330 women using a slide rule and calliper concluded that breasts naturally become more toned and supported if no bra is used.
When a bra is used, the breast becomes dependent on the artificial support, making them degrade more quickly.
Moreover, the study found that going braless gives women a 7mm lift in their nipples for every year they go without, and aids in fading stretch marks.
But Rouillon noted though they validated the hypothesis that the bra is a false need, it would be dangerous to advise all women to stop wearing their soutien-gorge as the women involved were not a representative sample of the population.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- The Inspiring Journey Of Classic Beauty J Jayalalithaa In The World Of Celluloid
- Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, other film stars express condolence over Jayalalithaa's demise
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall