When Drew Barrymore `freaked out` after career break
Los Angeles: Actress Drew Barrymore "freaked out" after taking a break from her career to embark on a year-long spiritual quest abroad.
After wrapping her 2009 directorial debut with ‘Whip It’, the 37-year-old went on a solo journey to India to give herself a chance to reflect on her future.
However, Barrymore admits she panicked when the time came to give up her career.
"It freaked me out. I was afraid to let go. But with great risk comes great reward. We always wonder (when single), `Where is this person? Oh my God, I`m lonely, what`s my future?`"
"But eventually you`ll meet somebody, and this time will be gone. And you will kick yourself for not enjoying it. For me, that year was a great investment. It made me realise, I`m ready for something different," femalefirst.co.uk quoted her as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma kicks off third schedule of 'Firangi'
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Rajinikanth's 36th wedding anniversary: Fans throng outside his Chennai residence - See pics
- Man asks Karan Johar for his WhatsApp number on Twitter, KJo's reply will make you go LOL!
- Meryl Streep blasts Karl Lagerfeld over dress issue: 'He lied'
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall