Whoopi Goldberg suffering from `hearing loss`
London: Oscar winner Whoopi Goldberg has warned music fans to be responsible listeners after learning she is losing her hearing.
The 55-year-old actress attended the Starkey Hearing Foundation`s Gala in support of her deaf pal Marlee Matlin in July and now Goldberg has said that her presence at the party had an even more personal meaning as she is also hard of hearing, reported The National Enquirer.
"I attribute my own hearing loss, which, by the way, is suffered by thousands of people in varying degrees – to years and years of listening to music so loudly and so close to the delicate ear drum," said the `Sister Act` star.
Goldberg now wears small hearing aids under her lengthy locks of hair to help her hear low tones.
The actress has also been urging teens to turn down their speakers, so they don`t suffer the same fate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall