Women spend over six hours per week on looks
London: It`s a known fact that women dedicate good number of hours on their appearance. Now, a study reveals they spend around 6.4 hours per week on their looks.
The research, conducted by The Today Show and AOL, found that men spend only 4.5 hours on their appearance per week, while a female`s average is 6.4 hours, reports dailymail.co.uk.
Teenagers spend as high as 7.7 hours per week on their looks.
The survey, which polled 2,000 adults and 200 teenagers, also discovered that 60 percent of adult women have negative thoughts about themselves at least once a week, compared to 36 percent of men.
It was also found that female participants` main concern was the stomach, with 69 percent calling it their "bodily obsession". Other women polled said that they were most self-conscious about their skin (40 percent), thighs (39 percent), hair (32 percent), cellulite (29 percent), and their buttocks (29 percent).
As many as 52 percent men worry about their stomachs, followed by thinning hair (24 percent), and then skin issues (23 percent).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil Hoon Main' song will make you fall in love all over again!
- Veteran actor Dilip Kumar doing fine, thanks fans for prayers!
- Mira Rajput wears hubby's T-shirt and gets approval from Shahid Kapoor right away!
- Shah Rukh Khan says stardom has overtaken his acting capabilities
- Anushka Sharma says marriage is on cards!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall