Yoga may be the answer to infertility
Los Angeles: Too much stress may cause infertility among women, says a new research. An expert suggests that yoga and meditation could help in battling with the problem.
Former science teacher and yoga therapist, Aliona Salaru says that stress affects the normal hormone balance in women`s body and can result in major inconception, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"Trying to become pregnant can add even more pressure to an already stressed women. In the modern world, women often switch into chronic stress, resulting in many possible imbalances, including adrenal depletion, thyroid over or under function and shifts in sexual hormone balance, resulting in sexual dysfunction," said Salaru.
The expert also suggests that yoga breathing techniques combined with yoga postures are known not only to be an effective stress reliever but also a tool to habitually ease the symptoms of anxiety.
So, how exactly yoga helps to destress?
Researchers at University of California-Los Angeles (UCLA) published a study revealing that: "Using simple daily meditations reduced the stress levels of people who care for those stricken by Alzheimer`s and dementia."
"Practicing a certain type of meditation for just 12-minute daily for eight weeks led to a reduction in the biological mechanisms responsible for an increase in the immune system`s inflammation response. Inflammation, if constantly activated, can contribute to a multitude of chronic health problems."
It said: "Yoga practice is well-known for optimising the work of the endocrine system, thereby balancing the hormones. Practicing yoga will bring more blood to the pelvis, improving the sexual health, whilst mindful breathing will shut the constant chatter of the mind, decrease the heart rate and instantly relax."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Naam Shabana: Akshay Kumar enjoys special screening with female police officers
- People find it difficult to accept TV stars in bold roles: Nia Sharma
- Non-bailable warrant issued against Mamta Kulkarni, Vicky Goswami
- Parineeti Chopra makes spectacular singing debut with 'Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin' from 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'! - Watch
- Raju Srivastava replaces Sunil Grover, becomes permanent member of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall