Zac Efron opens up about rehab stint
Los Angeles: Actor Zac Efron opens up about the circumstances that led to his decision to enter a rehabilitation.
The 26-year-old got candid on the first episode of "Running Wild With Bear Grylls" and said that he hit the rock bottom due to the media`s fascination with his personal life, reports eonline.com.
"The challenging part was never the work. That was never it. It was sort of the in-between work, the social aspects outside of it. I mean, everywhere you go to a certain extent, there is press in some form," said the erstwhile "High School Musical" star of finding fame at such a young age.
He added that the constant pressure caused him to seek out unhealthy coping mechanisms as a means to deal with his everyday life.
Efron`s realisation that he lost sight of his career became a big factor in his decision to get clean, which ultimately led to the rebuilding of his self-confidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall