A tale of braids, diagrams, clocks at Kallol Dutta`s show
New Delhi: Kallol Dutta, known for hand imprints, illustrations and jail stripes on garments, reflected his signature style by presenting a collection with clocks, diagram prints and makeshift braids on the opening day of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) Wednesday.
The line had cropped drop-shoulder tops, embroidered dresses, disjointed waistcoats, shorts, long dresses, hooded shirts in cotton with imprints of clocks and diagrams.
Dutta`s autumn/winter line is titled Hazing.
The cuts and silhouettes were the same, but he presented an interesting mix-match of garments by pairing an asymmetrical blouse with a sari and multiple layers of clothing in bright red and orange with a mix of beige and cream.
"This is my sense of styling. This line is a form of social commentary where the connotations attached to the word fashion are different. It`s open to various interpretations," said Dutta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Rustom' trailer out: Bollywood in awe of Akshay Kumar!
- Kriti Sanon has mastered the 'lower-back' workout – This video is a proof!
- Saiyami Kher is fresh as a dewdrop: Shabana Azmi
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show