Varun Bahl went classy with black at WIFW
New Delhi: Designer Varun Bahl’s edgy yet unconventional designs looked classy at the ongoing Wiils India Fashion Week in New Delhi.
The prominence of black overshadowed enticing a gorgeous Autumn / Winter look created by Varun Bahl.
Layering and asymmetry played the key-role here. Over-the-top embellishments in subdued manner made a perfect statement. Varun has his unique signature style and that was eminent in the shapes.
Asymmetry in terms of panels, fabrics and layering played a vital role. As Varun phrased “Cut is King here” – it was definitely an edgy yet unconventionally styled look.
There was a fresh approach to velvets, tulles, satins and woolen surfaces, the ballooning effect on the sleeves, and the circular pleated hemlines gave a ravishing turn to short cropped jackets. A great amount of detailing ruled the garments on every step.
Embroideries were trapped in abstract form. The little grape-like embellishments were neatly juxtaposed on skirt lines, shifts and over tunics, making sleeves look different.
The loose ribbons around waistlines, sleeves and hems added a 3-dimensional voluminous look. The silhouettes were a wide range of shift dresses, coat dresses, tunics tucked onto scalloped short skirts, and the floral leggings teamed well with hot pants.
An overall winter evening look dominated the collection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raees' promotion by train: Huge crowd erupts at Vadodara to see Shah Rukh Khan; 1 reported dead in lathicharge
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'