Tannishtha Chatterjee walks the ramp on the penultimate day of Wills India Fashion Week!
New Delhi: As the ongoing Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Spring Summer 2013 gradually proceeds towards its completion, the event seems to be getting all brighter and more beautiful. The day opened to fashion shows by designers Abhi Singh, Prerna Bharadwaj, Preeti Jhanwar and Rahul Singh, all of whom had mesmerising collections to offer to the ones present. Actress Tannishtha Chatterjee, glamorous in a Rahul Singh outfit, walked the ramp for the designer. The first show was painted in hues of summer and spring, doing perfect justice to the nomenclature of the event.
Designer Abhi Singh`s Spring Summer 2013 collection saw bright colours on the ramp. His creations were an amalgamation of innovative crafts and refined textures. Much in his bona fide style, Singh made his models walk in ensembles which featured impeccable finish and commendable craftsmanship. Singh, an NIFT graduate, managed to make
quite a mark with his creation this time around. Inspired by monolithic skyscrapers, Abhi Singh brought facets of concrete on fabric.
Preeti Jhawer, whose collection began on an utterly `flowery` note, saw models strut about the ramp in bright, sunny hues. The clothes featured ranged from dresses to ghagras and waist jackets, with warm tones of yellow and pink and orange. The ramp resembled a bright and colourful garden with girls in such beautiful outfits. Multicoloured, easy-to-wear outfits found themselves prominently represented at Preeti Jhawar`s show.
Rahul Singh, whose Spring/Summer 2013 collection is termed `Shibori`, displayed the eponymous Japanese methods of dyeing clothes with a patter by binding, stitching, folding, twisting, compressing or capping. Resort wear in immaculate shades of summer hues and tranquil colours were seen in Rahul`s collection; all with the designer`s stamp of ingenuity. Tannishtha Chatterjee, dressed in a red and gold ensemble designed by Singh, walked the ramp.
Designer Prerna Bharadwaj had the audience delve deeper into their minds with her collection for Spring/Summer 2013 that she unveiled at the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week. Titled 'Evolution of Thought', her creations depicted coined textures, mixing of colours, random drapes and beautiful, flowy silhouettes. Bharadwaj's consummate creative skills were vividly visible in the outfits displayed, and left people in awe of the designer. Intricate embroidery and a play of frills had meticulously been incorporated into the garments, thereby enhancing their exquisiteness. Hasleen Kaur, Miss India World 2011, raised the mercury levels several notches higher with her walk down the ramp.
And that`s how the first segment of Day 4 kicks off... Keep coming back to this space for more on the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Spring Summer 2013!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Film fests good for spotlight: Budding Assamese filmmaker
- Documentary on A R Rahman screened at White House
- 'Baahubali' trailer to be out on June 1
- 'Massu Engira Masilamani' - Regular revenge drama with spooky twist
- 'Piku' finds success in distant Poland
- 'Demonte Colony' performs well at box office
- Shah Rukh Khan catches up on 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi'!
- Makers of 'Kashmora' use 360-degree camera rig
- Shilpa Shetty takes Bollywood to London via radio
- 'Gabbar Singh 2' goes on floors, Pawan to soon join
- Regional cuisines to dominate in coming year: Chef Sanjay Thomas
- Shilpa Shetty takes Bollywood to London via radio
- Dharmendra discharged from hospital, to undergo surgery later
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter family hits 15 million!
- When Anushka, Priyanka waited for the boys!
- When Shah Rukh Khan wasted an opportunity given by ‘Raees’ team
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Shoojit Sircar is terrific: Yami Gautam
- Deepika finds Ranveer 'incredible' in 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Check out: How cute AbRam looks in Shah Rukh's shoes
- 'American Idol' was worst experience for Mariah Carey
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- DNA: World soccer rocked by Swiss arrests of FIFA officials for graft
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbseresults.nic.in working now, check your CBSE Class 10 Board Results 2015
- Watch: Young Sikh boy takes on a bully outside UK school
- cbse.nic.in Board Results 2015: CBSE Class 10 Results declared on cbseresults.nic.in
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser
- Breast cancer changes bone structure to make it spread: Study
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses