Treading the unknown path
Be it the murderous Priyanka Chopra in ‘Saat Khoon Maaf’ or the abuse hurling journo Rani Mukherjee in ‘No One Killed Jessica’ or the sultry seductive Vidya Balan in ‘Silk Smitha’, Bollywood experimented with new genres and new stories this year and came out with shining colours. Ranbir’s ‘Rockstar’ act was lauded and Imran’s dark comedy in ‘Delhi Belly’ was enjoyed. Some directors narrated new stories and each were unique and interesting.
King Khan also came up with something new or perhaps something old, but in a new, extravagant package. Shah Rukh Khan came in a super hero avatar in ‘RA.One’ and spent a whopping sum of Rs 135 crores in making the film. SRK went all out and made the film perhaps the most marketed film in the history of Indian cinema. To the point of becoming annoying, but whatever be the case, his strategy worked as the film raked in the moolah and became the fourth highest grossing Bollywood film world wide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri