He spoke about conservation and said that we have to connect with nature to nurture a better planet.
Researchers have long known that being too hot or too cold at night can disturb anyone’s sleep, but nobody had thought to ask how that might affect people in a world grown hotter because of climate change.
In addition to the touchscreen, the dolphin's habitat at the US National Aquarium in Baltimore has been outfitted with equipment to record their behaviour and vocalisations as they encounter and begin to use the technology.
This solitary wave is a new discovery that may increase the potential for sustained ice loss in Greenland as the climate continues to warm, with implications for the future rate of sea level rise.
As per reports, the water level in the freshwater body has gone down by an unprecedented 18 feet below the normal level this summer, causing huge concerns amongst environmentalists and tourists alike.
Researchers showed that flamingos employ no active muscular effort when they are on one leg. A passive mechanism is engaged in the one-legged position, allowing flamingos to stand even while taking a nap.
A team of researchers from four American universities report that "eating beans instead of beef would sharply reduce greenhouse gasses (GHG)" responsible for climate change.
During a press conference on Wednesday, the White House said Trump was still deciding even as 40 Senate Democrats signed and sent a letter to him to not back out of the international climate change pact.
Decoding the Arhar dal's (pigeon pea) genome, a staple legume, has paved the way to correct issues of affordability, production and availability of the nutrient-rich crop in India, a scientist said on Wednesday.
In a referendum on Sunday, May 21, more than 58% voted in favour of a government's law that will ban new nuclear plants in the country.
Researchers from the University of Tennessee (UT) in the US observed the Cuban boa - the island nation's largest native terrestrial predator - in bat caves for the study.
According to new research from scientists, it was only recently in whale's evolutionary past that they became so enormous.
A mantle plume has been discovered – an upwelling of hot material from deep inside the Earth towards the surface – that still seems to be bubbling away even after 2.5 billion years.
The 56-second video clip of the adorable canine interrupting the broadcast was uploaded by the channel on YouTube and has received more than 3 million views.
The Hillary Step is believed to have been damaged during the 2015 Nepal earthquake that killed nearly 9,000 people and injured nearly 22,000.
In the video, the sea lion was seen grabbling the little girl by her dress and pulling her into the water to her family's horror.
Known as the 'panda of the sea' because of its distinctive markings, the vaquita is endemic to the Upper Gulf of California.
Published in the Journal of Earth System Science in February, the study investigated the distribution of forest cover in India by reconstructing the previous forest cover and predicted the ever-continuing deforestation in selected parts of India with high deforestation rates.
The NGT said that similar approach should be adopted by all the public authorities including Delhi Development Authority, municipal corporations to restore the water bodies existing within their jurisdictions in various parts of the city and not used for open defecation.
Assam's renowned environmentalist Purnima Devi Barman has won the prestigious Whitley Awards, also known as the Green Oscars, for her efforts in conserving greater adjutant storks.
Plants suck CO2 out of the atmosphere to build their woody roots, stems and leaves.
The scientists analysed data for the last 150 years, and found clear evidence of “changepoints” — points in time after which biological activity clearly increased — in the past half century.
The Global Seed Vault, opened in 2008, is a concrete bunker, 100 hundred metres deep inside a mountain. The refrigerated unit was designed to be a secure place to store seeds from many of Earth's 3 million known plant species.
An environment compensation of Rs 5,000 has been announced for those who violated the dikhat.
Catalytic converters reduce the pollution from vehicle exhaust by converting toxic gases and pollutants to less toxic pollutants.
Wildlife officials got wind of the male long-tailed macaque last month after photos of the animal started circulating on social media and immediately decided to rescue him.
Charles said some northern nations seemed worryingly ambivalent about the difference.
At least 50 critically endangered turtles were released by the Environment Agency of Abu Dhabi (EAD) in collaboration with the Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project (DTRP) ahead of Endangered Species Day on Friday.
Their report found that 1,730 plants were recorded as being new to science in 2016, which include 11 new species from Brazil of the Manihot shrub known for its starchy root, cassava.
The man, who has been identified by his surname Wei, conducted his business on social media platforms and managed pet stores that sold animals including otters, boa constrictors and toucans since 2015, the people's court of Dongxing city said.
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- Oil tanker explodes in Pakistan's Bahawalpur district, many killed
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- PM Modi lands in Washington DC for his 2-day US tour
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Watch: 140th Jagannath Rath Yatra begins in Ahmedabad
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Presidential election: Sushma Swaraj tweets 2013 Lok Sabha video, says 'This is how Meira Kumar treated Leader of Opposition'
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- WATCH: Smriti Mandhana scores blistering 72-ball 90 in India's World Cup opener against England
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- Hacking group believes NASA will announce discovery of aliens
- WATCH: Virat Kohli wishes 'Eid Mubarak' to all his fans