Scientists believe that modern human and common chimpanzee/bonobo lineages split about eight million years ago with the two great ape species splitting about two million years ago.
With these findings, the scientists have reason to believe that climate change is not the only one to blame where coral damage is concerned.
Climate change may be putting cyanobacteria, that are crucial to the functioning of the ocean, at risk.
The cubs were kept in an enclosure in the field bungalow of the Forest Department after their mother was electrocuted by a poacher near the Sanjay-Dubri Tiger Reserve in January.
US space agency NASA already declared 2016 as the hottest year on record.
According to The Sun, scientists were able to track the path of the water under the glacier using echolocation technology.
The findings could help researchers improve flood risk maps for the Ganga Plain, a low-lying region covering parts of India, Nepal and Pakistan - one of Earth's most densely populated areas.
Archaeologists discovered preserves of 130,000-year-old bones and teeth of a mastodon - an ancient extinct relative of elephants - in California, US, that show evidence of modification by early humans.
The remains of the vaquita were found Tuesday, 24 kilometers (15 miles) north of the town of San Felipe, in the state of Baja California on the Barra del Primer Estero beach, the statement read.
But nowhere is the task bigger than in Argentina`s Mendoza region, where vintners duel "the whole gamut of natural hazards" -- not least frequent earthquakes, according to research unveiled on Wednesday.
The Gujarat forest department has started using 'capture-mark-recapture' method to estimate the leopard density in Gir forest, an official said today.
The innovative method of killing crown-of-thorns starfish (CoTS) is safe to other marine life and will now be introduced on the reef.
An international team, including researchers from University of Southampton in the UK, looked at what might happen if carbon dioxide emissions continue unabated.
Simon died at a United Airlines pet holding facility in Chicago following a flight from London, in another embarrassment for the airline as it struggles with a global backlash this month over a passenger dragged from his seat.
The service station is covered with solar panels that can generate up to 120 kilowatt hours.
Researchers have found a way to trigger a chemical reaction in a synthetic material called metal-organic frameworks (MOF) that breaks down carbon dioxide into harmless organic materials.
Seeing the animal's deperation for a mate, Ol Pejeta conservancy has teamed up with dating app Tinder to raise awareness of how Sudan’s species is facing extinction.
They conducted spectroscopic analysis to show the chemical bonds in the plastic were breaking.
The app, as per ISRO, provides monthly/yearly solar potential (in kWh/m2) and minimum/maximum temperature at any location.
The ancient fungus-like life forms, found in fossilised gas bubbles 800 metres (2,600 feet) underground in South Africa's Northern Cape Province, are remarkable not just for their age but their origin, the researchers said.
On Wednesday, Trump is expected to sign an executive order related to the 1906 Antiquities Act, which enables the president to designate federal areas of land and water as national monuments to protect them from drilling, mining and development, the source said.
The report further mentions that officials had made their best efforts for their survival but two of them succumbed to the deadly parvovirus infection within a few hours.
Some companies refused the inspection or prevented inspectors from carrying out their duties.
He hoped that this year`s theme of "Environmental and Climate Literacy" would help in creating awareness about protecting nature and natural resources.
An estimated 150 students from various schools assembled at the Birla Industrial & Technological Museum (BITM) to observe the day, organisers said.
Friday is thought to be the first time the nation has not used coal to generate electricity since the world's first centralised public coal-fired generator opened in 1882, at Holborn Viaduct in London.
With this year's theme for Earth Day being 'Environmental and Climate Literacy', PM Modi hoped that it helps in building awareness on protecting nature and natural resources.
With its doodle, Google has tried to guide us on ways we can play our roles as caretakers of the environment, which in turn will also help protect the Earth.
Researchers at Imperial College London in the UK calculated the effect of sulphur dioxide emissions on rainfall in India in the year 2000.
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- Oil tanker explodes in Pakistan's Bahawalpur district, many killed
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- PM Modi lands in Washington DC for his 2-day US tour
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Watch: 140th Jagannath Rath Yatra begins in Ahmedabad
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Presidential election: Sushma Swaraj tweets 2013 Lok Sabha video, says 'This is how Meira Kumar treated Leader of Opposition'
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- WATCH: Smriti Mandhana scores blistering 72-ball 90 in India's World Cup opener against England
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- Hacking group believes NASA will announce discovery of aliens
- WATCH: Virat Kohli wishes 'Eid Mubarak' to all his fans