The findings push the origin of sleep further down the evolutionary tree of life - to before the emergence of a centralised nervous system.
It was a two-foot-long monitor lizard, that was found inside the premises, said officials who rescued it later.
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List of species threatened with extinction has listed a majority of these vulture species as critically endangered, indicating a very high risk of extinction in the wild.
Looking at its monstrous size and weight of 200 kilos reportedly, officials present at the spot had to call a crane to move the huge creature away from the beach.
The environmental non-profit, along with the Break Free From Plastic Campaign, carried out a study about ocean pollution that included an audit of plastic waste spanning 30 hectares in Manila Bay.
A new study shows that dogs are at equal threat of being harmed by obesity and its consequences.
Lois's goldfish broke the previous record of Nick Richards – a schoolboy who caught his at a lake in Poole, Dorset, in 2010.
The dual-colours have lasted for many years, and the view only disappears in winter when the lake dries up.
Humans and other mammals do not have the ability to regenerate sensitive cells inside the ear.
While the nine-year-old white tiger, Shreyas, succumbed to his injuries, which were quite severe, the other got away with minor wounds.
The mystery order triggered an inquest in Pretorius's house, but after ruling out her husband and son, she figured out Buddy was to blame after hearing him interact with the speaker.
While many scientists argue that the sixth mass extinction has already begun, the total number of species that have disappeared from the planet comes nowhere near the most apocalyptic events of the past and the rate of species loss is comparable.
Satellite images captured by the team have confirmed the presence of aerosol and nitrate covering the Asia region.
The summit was presided by French President Emmanuel Macron.
Octlantis is the name of the underwater site built by octopuses where they communicate with each other by posturing, chasing or colour changes.
The latest disaster occurred in southern Mexico on Tuesday, September 19 at 2:14 pm (Eastern time), when the city was jolted by a massive earthquake that measured 7.1 on the Richter scale.
The country also experienced its driest June in history and also the driest winter since 2002.
The WntA protein is a very conserved signalling molecule. The WntA gene is part of a small family of genes influencing body plans and other patterns during insect development.
The masks have a cylindrical shape that fits over the snout of a small animal. They attach to a tube that hooks up to the same oxygen used for humans.
August 2017 was 0.85 degrees Celsius warmer than the mean August temperature from 1951-1980.
Large vertebrates – or animals with a backbone – are often fished, hunted, trapped, poached or killed as unintentional bycatch.
A snake-catcher in Queensland, Australia was turned to for help after a family encountered a venomous brown tree snake in their toilet.
Overall total antibiotic resistance genes were "30 times more abundant in river sediments from the city compared to upstream sites."
Scientists including those from the University of the Sunshine Coast in Australia, are investigating the potential of natural predators of COTS to curb populations.
The approximately four-hour-long butterfly count began at 8:00 am and finished at noon – the 'best window' to record butterfly species, as per experts.
At a summit held in Canada, a European official said that a US envoy has signalled that President Donald Trump may be ready to soften his stance on the Paris climate pact.
Villagers near the forest alerted rangers of Hirola Conservation Program, who took a video of these rare species and published it on YouTube in August.
The 24-year-old Oxford graduate was on a vacation in Sri Lanka, when he stopped to wash his hands at a river near Arugam Bay and was dragged into the waters by a lurking crocodile.
Researchers, including those from University of Tennessee in the US, found that adults of the Deltasuchus motherali species grew up to 20 feet long.
Basi was given an emotional send-off by her handlers - The Straits Giant Panda Research and Exchange Center in southeastern China, where she lived for 33 years.
- Honeypreet's husband Vishwas Gupta addresses a press conference - Watch
- Sushma Swaraj slams Pakistan over terrorism in UNGA address
- Governance is not about votes, nation comes first: PM Modi
- Shabir Shah confesses to links with Hafiz Saeed: ED chargeheet
- DU professor insults goddess Durga on Facebook
- 101-year-old becomes fastest female centenarian in the world
- Senior journalist KJ Singh found dead at his residence in Mohali
- A look at Reliance Jio phone features
- We made IITs, IIMs, Pak created LeT & JeM: Sushma Swaraj at UNGA
- Everyone will get a home by 2022, says PM Modi
- Pak envoy shows fake photo to defame India at UN
- CBI begins investigation in Ryan murder case
- Sushma Swaraj addresses United Nations General Assembly
- PM Modi lauds Kashmiri boy Bilal Dar for actively taking up cleanliness drive
- UP police arrests another accused in Muzaffarnagar gang-rape case
- Meet Nirvaan, India's smallest and youngest baby born after 22 weeks
- Virat Kohli plays 10 times better when he fights with people: Stuart Clark warns Australia
- Honeypreet didn't let me come close to Gurmeet Ram Rahim, feared I may marry him: Rakhi Sawant
- Live - IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: Aussie pacers remove both openers
- Pakistan envoy shows photo of Palestinian victim as 'evidence of atrocities' on Kashmiris
- Know why eating onion and garlic is a big no-no during Navratri?
- 'Foreigner hai aap'- Assamese girl denied entry into Agra monument, asked to prove herself an 'Indian'
- DU professor uses obscene language to insult goddess Durga
- We built IITs, IIMs, Pak created Lashkar, Jaish: Sushma at UNGA
- Ram Rahim used to organise 'Bigg Boss'-like show: Honeypreet's ex-husband
- Pakistan headed towards international isolation: Ex-Pak envoy
- Ind vs Aus, 3rd ODI: Wrist spinners in focus as curator promises batting paradise in Indore
- Rajkummar Rao's Newton beats Baahubali 2 in Oscar race—Here's how
- 'Kaskar used burner phones, sim boxes to call brother Dawood'
- Honeypreet stayed in our house on day of Ram Rahim's sentencing: Relative