Residents of the national capital has been witnessing a continuous deterioration in the air quality for quite some time.
It's genetic mutation which caused the reptiles to lose their limbs over 100 million years ago.
As per the report, the population if mammals, fish, birds, reptiles and amphibians has plunged owing to the human activities that have overwhelmed the environment.
The new specie belongs to genus Physoschistura and was discovered by a team of scientists from remote Lohit river at Walong in Anjaw district.
Puan, celebrated her 60th birthday on Thursday with a birthday breakfast of rambutans from her childhood home in Malaysia, reported Perth zoo spokeswoman Danielle Henry.
In a meeting, Environment Minister Imran Hussain also ordered all the concerned agencies to crackdown against violators of dust control norms.
Of the nearly two billion tonnes of garbage produced worldwide each year, nearly half of it is burned for disposal, according to some estimates.
A swathe of corals bleached in the northern third of the 2,300-kilometre (1,429-mile) long biodiverse site off the Queensland state coast died after an unprecedented bleaching earlier this year as sea temperatures rose.
This irreversible change is happening most likely due to warming of climate.
"We are passionate about efforts to protect our planet's great whales and their ocean habitat," Brosnan said.
Human-made noise can have a detrimental impact on an animal's use of information from scent, thereby putting them at greater risk of being attacked by predators, new research has found.
World’s longest established greenhouse gas monitoring station at Mauna Loa in Hawaii estimates carbon dioxide concentrations in atmosphere will stay above the symbolic 400ppm for the whole of 2016 and reach new highs.
The deaths of four other birds on Monday were reported from a lake behind Shakti Sthal, the memorial to Indira Gandhi.
New South Wales Minister for Primary Industries Niall Blair said the state would introduce a dedicated legislation to regulate the mesh nets on a trial basis.
Australia's Great Barrier Reef was recently declared officially dead in an obituary written by environmental writer Rowan Jacobsen, for Outside Magazine.
His record-holding longevity is courtesy the controlled environment he lives in.
The ZSL London zoo has welcomed the baby aye-aye just in time for Halloween.
The lives of the already endangered big cats hang by a thread and there are as few as 4,000 of them remaining and numbers have fallen by a fifth in the last 16 years.
These abnormal behaviours are linked to the effect of carbon dioxide (CO2) on how the brain processes signals from sensory organs, according to the study published in the journal Global Change Biology.
New studies in this area, indicating that its impact may be 'transgenerational', have unsettled pollution experts and doctors here.
The dirty air of Africa is more deadly than unclean water and malnutrition , according to a new research from a global policy forum. The study found that every year around 7,12,000 people die prematurely in Africa due to air pollution.
Seventeen more ducks died on Saturday due to bird flu in the now closed Deer Park here, the highest number so far in a day.
A 45-year-old male elephant which was stranded in a dam for more than 50 days was finally rescued by authorities on Friday.
The total count of death of migratory birds in the national capital has now reached 24 with six more birds died on Friday due to bird flu at the now shut Deer Park.
To control air pollution in the country, a mobile app named 'Hawa Badlo' has been launched by the Environment Pollution Control Authority (EPCA), a Supreme Court-appointed pollution watchdog on Friday.
It is believed that it could have arrived from South America almost 105 million years ago.
Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) records for October 2015 show that the Air Quality Index (AQI) for nine days ranged between 300 and 400 -- categorised as "very poor" -- and at few stations even crossed 400, considered "severe".
As per reports, at least 10 birds have been found dead in the city over the past 48 hours which include five at the capital city's deer park.
The findings, published in the US journal Science, were based on a newly discovered fossil fish in Yunnan known as Qilinyu, which is part of the ancient armoured fish.
Some models had shown that at the current rate, the Antarctic ice-sheet might reach a critical tipping point and start destabilising very quickly which had happened before.
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Ceasefire violation: 3 Pak soldiers killed in Indian retaliatory firing
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Bangalore: Residents protest against proposed steel flyover project
- Battle for Mosul: Iraqi forces making advance ISIL stronghold!
- Beware of adulterated sweets during Diwali!
- Jammu: Pakistan violates ceasefire yet again in RS Pura sector
- UP: AMU professor dies after 6 hour wait for ambulance
- Two powerful earthquakes hit Italy, tremors felt in Rome
- DNA: Delayed ambulance service causes loss of professor's life in Aligarh
- DNA: Today in History | October 26, 2016
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh
- Pinched by goods boycott-call, China warns India of impact on investments from its enterprises
- Home Ministry moves against Zakir Naik, calls IRF 'unlawful association', action soon
- Haryana's BJP government invites Arvind Kejriwal to golden jubilee celebrations; PM Narendra Modi will be chief guest
- Whole stadium erupts as local boy MS Dhoni steps on to Ranchi field against New Zealand – WATCH
- 'I will shoot Arvind Kejriwal' - Man calls up Delhi Police Control Room, threatens to kill Delhi CM
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Fake currency notes: RBI asks people to accept Rs 500/1,000 notes only after careful scrutiny