Humans and other mammals do not have the ability to regenerate sensitive cells inside the ear.
While the nine-year-old white tiger, Shreyas, succumbed to his injuries, which were quite severe, the other got away with minor wounds.
The mystery order triggered an inquest in Pretorius's house, but after ruling out her husband and son, she figured out Buddy was to blame after hearing him interact with the speaker.
While many scientists argue that the sixth mass extinction has already begun, the total number of species that have disappeared from the planet comes nowhere near the most apocalyptic events of the past and the rate of species loss is comparable.
Satellite images captured by the team have confirmed the presence of aerosol and nitrate covering the Asia region.
The summit was presided by French President Emmanuel Macron.
Octlantis is the name of the underwater site built by octopuses where they communicate with each other by posturing, chasing or colour changes.
The latest disaster occurred in southern Mexico on Tuesday, September 19 at 2:14 pm (Eastern time), when the city was jolted by a massive earthquake that measured 7.1 on the Richter scale.
The country also experienced its driest June in history and also the driest winter since 2002.
The WntA protein is a very conserved signalling molecule. The WntA gene is part of a small family of genes influencing body plans and other patterns during insect development.
The masks have a cylindrical shape that fits over the snout of a small animal. They attach to a tube that hooks up to the same oxygen used for humans.
August 2017 was 0.85 degrees Celsius warmer than the mean August temperature from 1951-1980.
Large vertebrates – or animals with a backbone – are often fished, hunted, trapped, poached or killed as unintentional bycatch.
A snake-catcher in Queensland, Australia was turned to for help after a family encountered a venomous brown tree snake in their toilet.
Overall total antibiotic resistance genes were "30 times more abundant in river sediments from the city compared to upstream sites."
Scientists including those from the University of the Sunshine Coast in Australia, are investigating the potential of natural predators of COTS to curb populations.
The approximately four-hour-long butterfly count began at 8:00 am and finished at noon – the 'best window' to record butterfly species, as per experts.
At a summit held in Canada, a European official said that a US envoy has signalled that President Donald Trump may be ready to soften his stance on the Paris climate pact.
Villagers near the forest alerted rangers of Hirola Conservation Program, who took a video of these rare species and published it on YouTube in August.
The 24-year-old Oxford graduate was on a vacation in Sri Lanka, when he stopped to wash his hands at a river near Arugam Bay and was dragged into the waters by a lurking crocodile.
Researchers, including those from University of Tennessee in the US, found that adults of the Deltasuchus motherali species grew up to 20 feet long.
Basi was given an emotional send-off by her handlers - The Straits Giant Panda Research and Exchange Center in southeastern China, where she lived for 33 years.
The skeletons of the family, consisting of adult male and female mammoths, a younger female and a year-old baby, were all found together during building works near the Siberian city of Tomsk in 2002.
According to the study, hotter temperatures speed up the chemical reactions that create air pollutants like ozone and fine particulate matters, which impact public health.
The Air Quality Life Index (AQLI) developed by the Energy Policy Institute at the University of Chicago (EPIC), when applied at the national level, translates to about four additional years over and above the existing average life span of Indians.
These first primates spent most of their time in the trees rather than on the ground, but just how nimble they were as they moved around in the treetops has been a topic of dispute.
The modular reef will be suspended in the waters alongside the building as part of a new research project exploring ways to maintain and enhance the marine biodiversity in Sydney Harbour.
The snake's picture, which went viral on social media site Facebook as soon as it was shared, has amazed people all across.
Latin America is the world's largest coffee-producing region and if this actually happens, all the coffee lovers are going to face a tough time ahead.
Forecasters warn that the storm surge from Hurricane Irma could reach 15 feet (4.5 meters) along parts of the Florida coast in the coming hours.
- Sirsa: Over 600 skeletons found buried inside Dera headquarters
- Mumbai rains: Schools to be shut today; high tide alert issued
- Sheikh marriage racket: 8 Sheikhs, 3 Qazis arrested
- Dawood Ibrahim's security in Pakistan increased by 50 percent: Iqbal Kaskar
- Honeypreet Insan reportedly spotted in Gurusar Modia school
- China launches world's fastest train Fuxing on Beijing-Shanghai line
- Calcutta HC questions Mamata Banerjee govt over Durga idols immersion issue
- Calcutta HC revokes Mamata govt's order on Durga idol immersion ban
- Mexico's 7.1 magnitude earthquake kills above 140, search for survivors continues
- Mexico earthquake: Here's all you need to know
- Delhi road rage: Students who objected to smoking run over by car
- This is why Modi govt is planning to deport Rohingya Muslims
- Marriage racket busted in Hyderabad, 8 sheikhs arrested
- If we can feed 160 million, we can feed 500,000 Rohingyas: B'desh PM
- Ryan murder case: HC refuses to stay arrest of school owners
- This eight-year-old girl from Florida has heart outside her body – Watch video
- Dawood Ibrahim changed house in Pakistan 4 times since Modi govt came to power: Iqbal Kaskar
- Marriage racket busted in Hyderabad, 8 sheikhs arrested
- Class 5 student commits suicide, asks 'teacher to not punish severely' in last wish
- KRK continues narcissistic rant, posts 'proof' of destroying careers of these celebs
- Dawood Ibrahim in 'setting' with Narendra Modi govt to return to India: Raj Thackeray
- Pak PM's threat to India: We have short-range nuclear weapons
- Surgical strike: Indian soldiers got into close combat with Pakistan Army, says ex-commander
- Watch: MS Dhoni completes miraculous stumping to dismiss Glenn Maxwell at Eden Gardens
- Hardik Pandya-Shibani Dandekar Twitter chat takes social media by storm
- Calcutta High Court allows immersion of Durga idols on Muharram
- This is how encounter specialist Pradeep Sharma arrested Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar
- Bengali actress Kanchana Moitra molested at midnight, was asked to do 40 sit-ups
- Flipkart 'Big Billion Days' sale: Check out top 10 electronic deals
- Virat Kohli hails PM Narendra Modi, sports minister Rajyavardhan Rathore for revamped #KheloIndia