They said that small peanut bunker fish were fleeing from large predators and ended up in the polluted stagnant water causing mass death of fish in New Jersey.
The northern spotted owl was labeled as a “threatened species” under the Federal Species Act in 1990 but the owls’ population has continued to decline.
Just two months before the end of his regime, Barack Obama, US President, took a major action to protect the endangered marine life.
The study shows that warming began during the early stages of the industrial revolution and was first detected in the Arctic and tropical oceans around the 1830s, which was later spread to Europe, Asia and North America.
NASA's Observations of Aerosols Above Clouds and their Interactions (ORACLES) mission will observe and measure how these particles interact with clouds and change their ability to warm or cool the planet.
More temperature could mean increased snowfall in Antarctica which could in turn help reduce the global sea-level rise by 51 to 79 millimetres by 2100, according to a new study.
Because of the increase in the recent mining and poaching activities, their numbers had decreased and the scientists feared that these rare creatures might fade away.
The study undertaken by the IIT's Interdisciplinary Programme in Climate Studies warned that the condition would become "more critical" if deforestation continues at the present rate.
The entire world cried foul after the zoo staff killed the giant ape in a bid to save a 3-year-old boy, who had managed to crawl through the barrier and fallen into the gorilla's enclosure.
Noted ecologist CR Babu, who is helping the Delhi government in developing a riverfront for the Yamuna, says that the river is in fact "ecologically dead" in the 22 km urban stretch -- between the Wazirabad and Okhla barrages.
Tatyana Antropova, the director of the zoo in the Siberian city of Tyumen, says she took the newborn monkey home after his mother refused to carry him on her back and introduced him to her cat Rosinka.
Something really drastic must have happened to the ancient Maya at the end of the Classic Period in the ninth century.
The two pandas arrived in Malaysia on loan in 2014 marking 40 years of diplomatic ties between China and Malaysia.
For almost two years now, researchers from Project MIDAS, a British Antarctic Survey that involves teams from several UK universities, have been tracking the progress of a large rift in the Larsen C Ice Shelf.
The Met Office on Monday said it was the first time that satellites had been used to monitor surface "skin" temperatures during a total solar eclipse, Xinhua news agency reported.
The total cost of relocation is estimated some $180 million and it could take more than 10 years to complete the process, as per a local media.
During 1990's, aggressive use of pesticides killed large number of bald eagles on islands.
Cunningham's team is developing the environmentally-safe way to do this with organisms found in nature -- fungi in this case -- and putting them in an environment where they can do their work.
The 2,000-degree molten rock is from Kilauea, one of the world’s most active volcanoes.
The melt slowed down in June, but scientists say the rate of ice loss picked up again during the first two weeks of August, and is now greater than average for this time of the year.
The researchers filled optical microcavities with this protein before subjecting them to “optical pumping,” where nanosecond flashes of light are used to bring the system up to the required energy to create laser light.
The researchers found that in reefs where predatory fish thrived, the corals showed signs of having a bountiful diet.
This deadly parasite outbreak killed many fish species that are crucial to fishing industry like mountain whitefish, Yellowstone cutthroat trout and some rainbow trout.
Scientists are planning to bring the extinct great auk back from the dead, almost 200 years after the penguin-sized, flightless birds disappeared.
California is in the fifth year of drought, and dry conditions have exacerbated wildfire conditions.
This weird yet adorable animal was found at a depth of nearly 3,000 feet.
In contrast, when sea level drops in the western Pacific but increases in the eastern Pacific as it did in 2015, global surface temperatures bump up because the heat stored in the ocean is released, Yin said.
Kluet, a 20-year Sumatran orangutan from the Adelaide Zoo, composed his first song, titled "Give me a Klue", Xinhua news agency reported.
The 19-year-old tigress had not been keeping well for the past few months and had fallen critically ill over the last four days without eating anything.
The findings have implications both for improving crop yield and also in engineering artificial proteins that can be used to release drugs at specific spots in our body to treat cancer cells.
- Massive fire breaks out in Murshidabad hospital
- PM Modi is worried about Kashmir issue: Mehbooba Mufti
- Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid in Kanpur
- Gurgaon police launch operation "Romeo Returns", catch 50 men
- Hafiz Saeed threatens to separate Mumbai from India
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- North Korea submarine missiles not ready until 2018: Experts
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others gunned down in police encounter
- ISRO to test scramjet engine
- Leander Paes-Andre Begemann make it to final of Winston Salem Open
- NASA plans to send submarine to Saturn's moon Titan
- Jacqueline Fernandez turns elegant showstopper for Rajesh Pratap Singh
- ABVP JNU unit vice-president Jatin Goraya resigns
- WATCH: ABSOLUTE CARNAGE! When The Great Khali nearly killed John Cena
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Surrogacy Bill against commercial surrogacy which is a money making racket: BJP
- Good news bookworms! 22nd Delhi Book Fair begins on Saturday
- Zika virus may spread sexually from asymptomatic man to woman, claims study
- Delhi constable murder: All three culprits arrested
- Now KRK gets in on the act, blasts Piers Morgan for tweeting about PM Modi
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar