Giant pandas are notoriously clumsy at mating, with males said to be bad at determining when a female is in the right frame of mind and often befuddled at knowing what to do next.
The finding has prompted fears that as the ice melts, because of climate change, plastic that has long been trapped in it is flowing into the Arctic.
The species, found on September 16 during an expedition, is 73 mm long and weighs about 17 grams.
In tests, FINDER has detected heartbeats through 30 feet of rubble or 20 feet of solid concrete.
The findings push the origin of sleep further down the evolutionary tree of life - to before the emergence of a centralised nervous system.
It was a two-foot-long monitor lizard, that was found inside the premises, said officials who rescued it later.
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List of species threatened with extinction has listed a majority of these vulture species as critically endangered, indicating a very high risk of extinction in the wild.
Looking at its monstrous size and weight of 200 kilos reportedly, officials present at the spot had to call a crane to move the huge creature away from the beach.
The environmental non-profit, along with the Break Free From Plastic Campaign, carried out a study about ocean pollution that included an audit of plastic waste spanning 30 hectares in Manila Bay.
A new study shows that dogs are at equal threat of being harmed by obesity and its consequences.
Lois's goldfish broke the previous record of Nick Richards – a schoolboy who caught his at a lake in Poole, Dorset, in 2010.
The dual-colours have lasted for many years, and the view only disappears in winter when the lake dries up.
Humans and other mammals do not have the ability to regenerate sensitive cells inside the ear.
While the nine-year-old white tiger, Shreyas, succumbed to his injuries, which were quite severe, the other got away with minor wounds.
The mystery order triggered an inquest in Pretorius's house, but after ruling out her husband and son, she figured out Buddy was to blame after hearing him interact with the speaker.
While many scientists argue that the sixth mass extinction has already begun, the total number of species that have disappeared from the planet comes nowhere near the most apocalyptic events of the past and the rate of species loss is comparable.
Satellite images captured by the team have confirmed the presence of aerosol and nitrate covering the Asia region.
The summit was presided by French President Emmanuel Macron.
Octlantis is the name of the underwater site built by octopuses where they communicate with each other by posturing, chasing or colour changes.
The latest disaster occurred in southern Mexico on Tuesday, September 19 at 2:14 pm (Eastern time), when the city was jolted by a massive earthquake that measured 7.1 on the Richter scale.
The country also experienced its driest June in history and also the driest winter since 2002.
The WntA protein is a very conserved signalling molecule. The WntA gene is part of a small family of genes influencing body plans and other patterns during insect development.
The masks have a cylindrical shape that fits over the snout of a small animal. They attach to a tube that hooks up to the same oxygen used for humans.
August 2017 was 0.85 degrees Celsius warmer than the mean August temperature from 1951-1980.
Large vertebrates – or animals with a backbone – are often fished, hunted, trapped, poached or killed as unintentional bycatch.
A snake-catcher in Queensland, Australia was turned to for help after a family encountered a venomous brown tree snake in their toilet.
Overall total antibiotic resistance genes were "30 times more abundant in river sediments from the city compared to upstream sites."
Scientists including those from the University of the Sunshine Coast in Australia, are investigating the potential of natural predators of COTS to curb populations.
The approximately four-hour-long butterfly count began at 8:00 am and finished at noon – the 'best window' to record butterfly species, as per experts.
At a summit held in Canada, a European official said that a US envoy has signalled that President Donald Trump may be ready to soften his stance on the Paris climate pact.
- Pak envoy shows fake photo to defame India at UN
- Doklam standoff: China deploys over 12,000 troops in Chumbi Valley
- Pak's nuclear weapons at risk of being stolen by terrorists: US scientists
- DU professor insults goddess Durga on Facebook
- Sushma Swaraj slams Pakistan over terrorism in UNGA address
- We made IITs, IIMs, Pak created LeT & JeM: Sushma Swaraj at UNGA
- PM Modi lauds Kashmiri boy Bilal Dar for actively taking up cleanliness drive
- TMC MP Mukul Roy to quit party post Durga Puja
- Iqbal Kaskar confirms brother Dawood Ibrahim lives in Karachi
- Govt failed to fulfill any of its promises in 3 years of reign: Mulayam Singh
- Graves of 28 hindus collectively found in Myanmar
- Encounter ends in J&K's Uri, 3 terrorists killed
- Violence at BHU is conspiracy, says VC Girish Chandra Tripathi
- Sushma Swaraj addresses United Nations General Assembly
- UP police arrests another accused in Muzaffarnagar gang-rape case
- Mahira Khan and Ranbir Kapoor NYC photo frenzy: Bollywood stands up in defence
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world's heaviest woman, passes away
- IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This Twitter convo between Kumar Sangakkara and Hardik Pandya is pure gold
- US reveals 9 secret locations housing Pakistan's nuclear weapons, raises 'takeover' alarm
- 'China used loudspeakers, tanks to bully India, Bhutan during Doklam standoff'
- Honeypreet didn't let me come close to Gurmeet Ram Rahim, feared I may marry him: Rakhi Sawant
- Watch: Glenn Maxwell st MS Dhoni b Yuzvendra Chahal, again
- Scientists design novel aluminium that floats on water
- Falahari Maharaj asked victim to lick honey from his tongue before raping
- Watch: Indore erupts to Hardik Pandya's scorcher against David Warner
- Pakistan envoy shows photo of Palestinian victim as 'evidence of atrocities' on Kashmiris
- Baahubali loses to Newton in Oscar race - SS Rajamouli reacts
- BJP leader Subramanian Swamy slams protesters over BHU molestation case, says naxalite movement
- Trinamool MP Mukul Roy to quit party after Durga Puja