The study says causes of air pollution and climate change are intricately linked and needed to be tackled together.
It could explain why, when looks are deceiving, the insects are still able to show a preference for mates from the same species ?
The teams went to cities in the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region and neighbouring areas, including Shanxi, Shandong and Henan provinces, the Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) said.
India's Science, Environment and Railway ministers on Friday flagged off, the world's largest "science exhibition on wheels", the Science Express train to create an awareness on climate change in the country.
Scientists attached to the Goa-based National Institute of Oceanography (NIO) said that India's only active volcano, the Barren Islands volcano which is located in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, erupted for about four hours in January this year.
Using dozens of non-invasive camera traps for sampling entire populations, rather than track a handful of individuals, the research team recorded some 2,500 images of the three predators in action.
The study simulated the effects of painting roofs white to reflect incoming solar rays and found that it could help cool cities and reduce the effects of global warming.
A team of scientists from Harvard University is producing a hybrid woolly mammoth embryo using DNA from specimens found frozen in Siberian ice.
According to researchers, seagrass meadows reduce bacteria pathogenic to humans and marine life by up to 50 percent.
The sea ice is likely to decrease further as it usually melts to its smallest for the year at the end of February in the summer of southern hemisphere, researchers said.
Scientists say that 5 million square kilometer landmark east of Australia is a continent and this theory is backed by satellite data and rock samples.
The authors said they needed to conduct more research to determine how much of the oxygen loss was due to global warming and how much was related to natural climate cycles.
Mawlynnong has a environmentally conscious village population to alomost zero tolerance for littering and throwing waste.
In addition, a ceremony will be organised by the zoo on February 21, to bid farewell to Bao Bao.
Nitrogen dioxide pollution, much of it caused by road traffic, represents a serious health risk.
According to a monthly analysis of global temperatures by scientists at NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York, last month's temperature was 0.20 degrees Celsius cooler than the warmest January in 2016.
The report further mentions that India's toll is 13 times higher than Bangladesh's and 21 times higher than Pakistan's.
Ministry sources said that the clearing of the oil is at an "advance" stage and a team of Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) also visited the port for monitoring the situation.
Researchers have found that climate change harmed nearly half of endangered land mammals and a quarter of birds, a much higher segment than previously thought.
According to the new study, computerised tomography (CT) scans of fossils of the dog-sized reptile, Therapsid Euchambersia, showed anatomical features, designed for venom production.
As per a new study, this is the first time that scientists have uncovered the evidence that man-made pollutants have now reached the farthest corners of our Earth.
Previous studies have suggested it came about due to an eruption associated with a plume that now lies directly below Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean, about 66 million years ago.
When contacted, a zoo official blamed the 'unflattering angle' from which the photo was taken.
The name is in honour of the one who discovered it – Harry Conley who died in 2002 and Harry Potter – the fictional boy wizard who was a creation of the franchise's author, JK Rowling.
They have for the first time come up with a mathematical equation - known as the Anthropocene equation - to describe the impact of human activity on the Earth system.
In total, an estimated 666 whales had been stranded at Farewell Spit, on the northern tip of the South Island, in one of the largest mass beachings recorded in New Zealand.
The region has suffered from decades of overfishing and environmental changes, reducing the number of fish.
The woman, a dentist by profession, was bitten by her own pet Husky in July and died in January.
On manufacturing process of paper from elephant poop, she said the dung is collected, recycled and disinfected by workers. The non-fibre content is removed later.
Palaeontologists examined the creature's unusual gigantic neck vertebra fossils and believe it was a formidable carnivore of Cretaceous-age Transylvania.
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Pakistan claims to kill 100 terrorists after suicide bomb attack in Sindh Dargah
- Bengaluru: Report on evolution of poisonous froth in Bellandur lake
- Analysis of injustice in Delhi bomb blast case - Report
- Violent chaos in Tamil Nadu Assembly during floor test
- Panel discussion on Priyanka Gandhi calling PM Modi an outsider in UP
- UP Assembly Elections: Over 61% turnout in phase three polling
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: NonStop News
- DNA: Analysing the daredevil aerobatics, fighter jets from Aero India Show 2017
- Analysing the credibility of Pakistan's claim for operating against terrorists - Part II
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- IND A vs Australia, Warm-up tie, Day 3 - As it happened
- Malayalam actress Bhavana allegedly kidnapped, molested; driver held
- RPS owner Sanjeev Goenka reveals reason behind replacing MS Dhoni with Steve Smith as captain
- Neil Nitin Mukesh's reception: Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Iulia Vantur and other B-Towners make it a starry affair!
- IPL 2017: MS Dhoni replaced as Rising Pune Supergiants captain; Australia's Steve Smith named new skipper
- BWF Rankings: Ace shuttler PV Sindhu becomes second Indian to break into top 5
- SpaceX blasts off Falcon 9 rocket from NASA launchpad
- Shah Rukh Khan wins hearts once again, arranges food for hungry beggar! - Watch