In a meeting, Environment Minister Imran Hussain also ordered all the concerned agencies to crackdown against violators of dust control norms.
Of the nearly two billion tonnes of garbage produced worldwide each year, nearly half of it is burned for disposal, according to some estimates.
A swathe of corals bleached in the northern third of the 2,300-kilometre (1,429-mile) long biodiverse site off the Queensland state coast died after an unprecedented bleaching earlier this year as sea temperatures rose.
This irreversible change is happening most likely due to warming of climate.
"We are passionate about efforts to protect our planet's great whales and their ocean habitat," Brosnan said.
Human-made noise can have a detrimental impact on an animal's use of information from scent, thereby putting them at greater risk of being attacked by predators, new research has found.
World’s longest established greenhouse gas monitoring station at Mauna Loa in Hawaii estimates carbon dioxide concentrations in atmosphere will stay above the symbolic 400ppm for the whole of 2016 and reach new highs.
The deaths of four other birds on Monday were reported from a lake behind Shakti Sthal, the memorial to Indira Gandhi.
New South Wales Minister for Primary Industries Niall Blair said the state would introduce a dedicated legislation to regulate the mesh nets on a trial basis.
Australia's Great Barrier Reef was recently declared officially dead in an obituary written by environmental writer Rowan Jacobsen, for Outside Magazine.
His record-holding longevity is courtesy the controlled environment he lives in.
The ZSL London zoo has welcomed the baby aye-aye just in time for Halloween.
The lives of the already endangered big cats hang by a thread and there are as few as 4,000 of them remaining and numbers have fallen by a fifth in the last 16 years.
These abnormal behaviours are linked to the effect of carbon dioxide (CO2) on how the brain processes signals from sensory organs, according to the study published in the journal Global Change Biology.
New studies in this area, indicating that its impact may be 'transgenerational', have unsettled pollution experts and doctors here.
The dirty air of Africa is more deadly than unclean water and malnutrition , according to a new research from a global policy forum. The study found that every year around 7,12,000 people die prematurely in Africa due to air pollution.
Seventeen more ducks died on Saturday due to bird flu in the now closed Deer Park here, the highest number so far in a day.
A 45-year-old male elephant which was stranded in a dam for more than 50 days was finally rescued by authorities on Friday.
The total count of death of migratory birds in the national capital has now reached 24 with six more birds died on Friday due to bird flu at the now shut Deer Park.
To control air pollution in the country, a mobile app named 'Hawa Badlo' has been launched by the Environment Pollution Control Authority (EPCA), a Supreme Court-appointed pollution watchdog on Friday.
It is believed that it could have arrived from South America almost 105 million years ago.
Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) records for October 2015 show that the Air Quality Index (AQI) for nine days ranged between 300 and 400 -- categorised as "very poor" -- and at few stations even crossed 400, considered "severe".
As per reports, at least 10 birds have been found dead in the city over the past 48 hours which include five at the capital city's deer park.
The findings, published in the US journal Science, were based on a newly discovered fossil fish in Yunnan known as Qilinyu, which is part of the ancient armoured fish.
Some models had shown that at the current rate, the Antarctic ice-sheet might reach a critical tipping point and start destabilising very quickly which had happened before.
This has shocked and disgusted animal rights campaigners and animal lovers alike.
The authorities have decided to deploy an air purifier- the world's largest, which has been designed by a Dutch engineer as thick heavily polluted haze has returned to scare the city.
This decline in animal population is drastically affecting the environment, as well as undermining food security of millions of people in Asia, Africa and South America.
The "oil patties" were discovered by rangers on Monday afternoon.
The baby tortoise will stay in the breeding centre for the next five years and will then return to its home island of Santiago, the GNP said in a statement.
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Agra: Three boys beat up railway ticket checker in moving train
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Everything is fine in Samajwadi Party, says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Ceasefire violation: 3 Pak soldiers killed in Indian retaliatory firing
- Beware of adulterated sweets during Diwali!
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya – Part II
- UP: AMU professor dies after 6 hour wait for ambulance
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Video of that exact moment when explosion took place in Naya Bazar of Delhi's Chandni Chowk - WATCH
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- 'Ab ki baar, Trump sarkar' - Donald Trump borrows Narendra Modi's winning slogan
- India has sufficient material, technical capacity to produce 492 nuclear bombs, claims research by Pakistani think-tank
- Geelani meets BJP's Yashwant Sinha over Kashmir unrest
- Anushka Sharma singing 'Bulleya' to her pet dog is the cutest video you will see today!
- Mother, son killed in road accident in Rajasthan
- Shahid Kapoor breaks his silence on ‘tiff’ with Ranveer Singh over Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’