These abnormal behaviours are linked to the effect of carbon dioxide (CO2) on how the brain processes signals from sensory organs, according to the study published in the journal Global Change Biology.
New studies in this area, indicating that its impact may be 'transgenerational', have unsettled pollution experts and doctors here.
The dirty air of Africa is more deadly than unclean water and malnutrition , according to a new research from a global policy forum. The study found that every year around 7,12,000 people die prematurely in Africa due to air pollution.
Seventeen more ducks died on Saturday due to bird flu in the now closed Deer Park here, the highest number so far in a day.
A 45-year-old male elephant which was stranded in a dam for more than 50 days was finally rescued by authorities on Friday.
The total count of death of migratory birds in the national capital has now reached 24 with six more birds died on Friday due to bird flu at the now shut Deer Park.
To control air pollution in the country, a mobile app named 'Hawa Badlo' has been launched by the Environment Pollution Control Authority (EPCA), a Supreme Court-appointed pollution watchdog on Friday.
It is believed that it could have arrived from South America almost 105 million years ago.
Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) records for October 2015 show that the Air Quality Index (AQI) for nine days ranged between 300 and 400 -- categorised as "very poor" -- and at few stations even crossed 400, considered "severe".
As per reports, at least 10 birds have been found dead in the city over the past 48 hours which include five at the capital city's deer park.
The findings, published in the US journal Science, were based on a newly discovered fossil fish in Yunnan known as Qilinyu, which is part of the ancient armoured fish.
Some models had shown that at the current rate, the Antarctic ice-sheet might reach a critical tipping point and start destabilising very quickly which had happened before.
This has shocked and disgusted animal rights campaigners and animal lovers alike.
The authorities have decided to deploy an air purifier- the world's largest, which has been designed by a Dutch engineer as thick heavily polluted haze has returned to scare the city.
This decline in animal population is drastically affecting the environment, as well as undermining food security of millions of people in Asia, Africa and South America.
The "oil patties" were discovered by rangers on Monday afternoon.
The baby tortoise will stay in the breeding centre for the next five years and will then return to its home island of Santiago, the GNP said in a statement.
The main stage of the expedition will leave South Africa's Cape Town on December 20 and return on March 18.
Amidst the prevalent bird flu scare at the Delhi zoo, the concerned authorities have shut down the premises till further notice.
This marks nearly a year straight of record heat, according to NASA, with 11 of the past 12 months ranking as the warmest on record.
As many as 197 countries reached a legally binding agreement in Rwanda on October 15, 2016, to phase down the production and consumption of hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) -- gases that can have global warming potential up to 12,000 times more than carbon dioxide (CO2).
"By 2030 wind power could reach 2,110 GW, and supply up to 20 per cent of global electricity, creating 2.4 million new jobs and reducing CO2 emissions by more than 3.3 billion tonnes per year, and attract annual investment of about €200 billion," GWEC said in a release here.
The scientists used computer simulations to determine how much floodwater might be released from such lakes, if the moraine embankments fail and how far the water would travel.
The frogs live only in Lake Titicaca, South America`s largest lake, and its tributaries.
Jia Jia, whose name meant "good", was a gift from the Chinese government to Hong Kong in 1999, on the occasion of the second anniversary of the former British colony's handover to the mainland.
The entire event got captured on camera.
As per reports, 13 tigers have died in two national parks in MP and the reasons behind this are electrocution, poisoning, diseases etc.
While male chimpanzees actively challenge their superiors to win higher rank, females accept their position in the social pecking order, waiting until more senior group members die before moving up the ladder, new research has found.
In a major step toward curbing global warming, the world community agreed on Saturday to phase out a category of dangerous greenhouse gases widely used in refrigerators and air conditioners.
Cookies baked from extracts of local seaweed abundant in the Sundarbans mangroves have 17 per cent higher protein content than those available commercially, says a team of scientists who harnessed the marine plant-like organisms for local climate change adaptations in the central part of the archipelago.
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Analysing the new revelations in Bermuda Triangle's mystery
- Watch: Reports on natural mosquito repellent
- DNA: How to check the safety of Debit cards?
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- DNA: Analysis of Russia's nuclear threat to America
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra Show on how to build self confidence
- Why politics are provoking riots in JNU?
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Here's how Alzheimer's disease can be possibly prevented
- BSF jawan Gurnam Singh, injured in attack by Pakistani forces, succumbs to injuries
- Reliance Jio Welcome offer not valid till December 31 –It expires early
- Chinese mobile phone manufacturers urged to 'Make in India'
- Virender Sehwag Trolls Fan Who Wished Him Two Days After His 38th Birthday
- Wasim Akram, Shahid Afridi make it to Ahmed Shehzad's list of favourites
- PV Sindhu ups glamour quotient: Gorgeous badminton ace sizzles in magazine photoshoot — WATCH
- Pakistani spy arrested in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba; two Pak SIM cards, map seized