A remote volcano in South Atlantic Ocean is slowly coating the largest Chinstrap penguin population in ash.
The Solar Impulse 2, world's largest solar-powered aircraft on Monday succesfully took off from Seville in Spain for Cairo, Egypt.
Researcher Renata Leite Pitman of the Los Amigos Biological Station in Peru, recently terrified onlookers as she tackled a six-foot-long snake without much effort.
Population numbers of the Maui's dolphin, the world's smallest and scarcest sub-species found only in waters off New Zealand's North Island, have dwindled to less than 50, prompting fears it could reach the point of no return without strong action, including a ban on fishing in its habitat.
If this is not controlled soon, one of the species ranked number one on the food chain will become extinct.
Scientists warned that due to persistent warming this coming September, Arctic sea ice would set another record in melting of polar ice.
King penguins, who are 70 to 100 cm tall and weigh 11 to 16 kilos , become exhausted after long diving sessions and sleep on the beach constantly keep an ear out for incoming threats from large predators like orcas and giant petrels.
The Atmospheric Tomography, or ATom, is the first to survey the atmosphere over the oceans, the US space agency said in a statement.
The longer a crack travels, its chances of ceasing before it grows become less, researchers believe that this structure deflects the ambit of cracks.
Andrea Dutton from University of Florida and colleagues from University of Michigan in the US utilised a new technique of analysis to reconstruct Antarctic ocean temperatures that support the idea that the combined impacts of volcanic eruptions and an asteroid impact brought about one of Earth's biggest mass extinctions 66 million years ago.
The pair, Julia and her four-legged best friend Walter, were both born deaf, but they became best friends the moment the met back in January.
A rogue elephant was on Tuesday shot dead in the forests of southern West Bengal by authorised hunters as a "last resort" and as per a decision of the state government after efforts to capture it failed, officials said here.
A new species of Tarantula discovered near the hometown where Marquez was born, has been named after him in an unusual posthumous honor.
Because of increasing reports of these 'rescues', the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has been compelled to put out an advisory this week warning people against interfering with the local wildlife.
A scuba diver by the name of Gary Grayson, however, has something to boast of. His encounter with the sea dogs is something we would love to watch on loop.
According to experts, developmental activities in coastal wetlands of India and climate change are the two main factors behind change in arrival patterns of migratory birds.
Widespread use of pesticides for enhanced crop yields has led to the decline of pollinators such as honey bees which are needed for increase in yields and quality of 84 per cent of the crops grown for human consumption, experts said here on Saturday.
It's our major win against climate change. After almost 30-years, the thinning of ozone layer above Antarctica has finally started healing.
A giant panda today gave birth to twins at a breeding center in China's southwest Sichuan province, the fifth pair of pandas born at the center this year.
An acrobatic alligator was caught on camera showing off his skills by swiftly climbing over a wire fence topped with barbed wire at a Florida county club.
The hole in the ozone layer over the Antarctic has begun to shrink, signaling good news for the environment several decades after an international accord to phase out certain pollutants, researchers said Thursday.
UK has always been a leading advocate for EU climate policy since 1997 but its exit spells a bad news for nation's own climate.
Adelie Penguin is one of the two natives of Antarctic penguins- the other being the emperor penguin- and it inhibits the full extent of the continent.
A new study has found that out for you. As per the study, animals acquire their social sense from their maternal side!
Due to such high death tolls, air pollution is now world's fourth-largest threat to human health, behind high blood pressure, dietary risks and smoking.
Out of these, 70 species were discovered by ZSI scientists in 2015.
However, one fact that has scientists puzzled is how the ancestors of humans were able to get by with just one GnRH-type hormone.
It is said that the Narilhata flower plants grow only in the Himalayan region in India, and bloom at an interval of 20 years.
Cross-fostering, a breeding technique, was adopted by Adelaide zoo in the 1990s and involves transferring endangered joeys to the pouch of a surrogate mother of a different wallaby species.
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Bank hacks raise fears of cyber attacks
- Olympics: Medal-deprived India battles poor facilities
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison
- California wildfire spreads to over 11,000 acres
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss