The observations came after a self-styled Swami, Om, appearing on behalf of a religious outfit, sought immediate action into the matter saying that the authorities have failed to ensure compliance of the NGT order.
Although amide bonds can give great strength to plastics, when it comes to their recycling at a later point, the difficultly of breaking these bonds usually prevents recovery of useful products.
Initial aerial and in-water surveys confirmed that about 29% of shallow water corals died from bleaching during 2016, up from the previous estimate of 22%, with the reef currently experiencing an unprecedented second straight year of bleaching.
Terry Selwood, 73, survived with only an injured arm after he was sent flying by the thrashing beast.
The frog (Hyalinobatrachium yaku), discovered in the Amazonian lowlands of Ecuador has unique physical and behavioural traits.
The research team sampled sediment and rocks from the tectonic plate that feeds the Sumatra subduction zone for the first time.
He spoke about conservation and said that we have to connect with nature to nurture a better planet.
Researchers have long known that being too hot or too cold at night can disturb anyone’s sleep, but nobody had thought to ask how that might affect people in a world grown hotter because of climate change.
In addition to the touchscreen, the dolphin's habitat at the US National Aquarium in Baltimore has been outfitted with equipment to record their behaviour and vocalisations as they encounter and begin to use the technology.
This solitary wave is a new discovery that may increase the potential for sustained ice loss in Greenland as the climate continues to warm, with implications for the future rate of sea level rise.
As per reports, the water level in the freshwater body has gone down by an unprecedented 18 feet below the normal level this summer, causing huge concerns amongst environmentalists and tourists alike.
Researchers showed that flamingos employ no active muscular effort when they are on one leg. A passive mechanism is engaged in the one-legged position, allowing flamingos to stand even while taking a nap.
A team of researchers from four American universities report that "eating beans instead of beef would sharply reduce greenhouse gasses (GHG)" responsible for climate change.
During a press conference on Wednesday, the White House said Trump was still deciding even as 40 Senate Democrats signed and sent a letter to him to not back out of the international climate change pact.
Decoding the Arhar dal's (pigeon pea) genome, a staple legume, has paved the way to correct issues of affordability, production and availability of the nutrient-rich crop in India, a scientist said on Wednesday.
In a referendum on Sunday, May 21, more than 58% voted in favour of a government's law that will ban new nuclear plants in the country.
Researchers from the University of Tennessee (UT) in the US observed the Cuban boa - the island nation's largest native terrestrial predator - in bat caves for the study.
According to new research from scientists, it was only recently in whale's evolutionary past that they became so enormous.
A mantle plume has been discovered – an upwelling of hot material from deep inside the Earth towards the surface – that still seems to be bubbling away even after 2.5 billion years.
The 56-second video clip of the adorable canine interrupting the broadcast was uploaded by the channel on YouTube and has received more than 3 million views.
The Hillary Step is believed to have been damaged during the 2015 Nepal earthquake that killed nearly 9,000 people and injured nearly 22,000.
In the video, the sea lion was seen grabbling the little girl by her dress and pulling her into the water to her family's horror.
Known as the 'panda of the sea' because of its distinctive markings, the vaquita is endemic to the Upper Gulf of California.
Published in the Journal of Earth System Science in February, the study investigated the distribution of forest cover in India by reconstructing the previous forest cover and predicted the ever-continuing deforestation in selected parts of India with high deforestation rates.
The NGT said that similar approach should be adopted by all the public authorities including Delhi Development Authority, municipal corporations to restore the water bodies existing within their jurisdictions in various parts of the city and not used for open defecation.
Assam's renowned environmentalist Purnima Devi Barman has won the prestigious Whitley Awards, also known as the Green Oscars, for her efforts in conserving greater adjutant storks.
Plants suck CO2 out of the atmosphere to build their woody roots, stems and leaves.
The scientists analysed data for the last 150 years, and found clear evidence of “changepoints” — points in time after which biological activity clearly increased — in the past half century.
The Global Seed Vault, opened in 2008, is a concrete bunker, 100 hundred metres deep inside a mountain. The refrigerated unit was designed to be a secure place to store seeds from many of Earth's 3 million known plant species.
- Will launch 'shuttle diplomacy' for Pakistan, Afghanistan: China
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- JD(U) was far 'more comfortable' with BJP: KC Tyagi
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- DNA: PM Narendra Modi addresses Indian community in Netherlands
- US confirms sale of predator Guardian drones to India
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- China blocks Kailash Mansarovar yatra entry via Nathu La
- DNA: Know why China is worried about India-US friendship
- Exclusive: In conversation with Arun Jaitley, Finance Minister
- Presidential Election: Meira Kumar thanks Opposition parties for support
- Yogi Adityanath completes 100 days as Uttar Pradesh CM
- Indo-US drone deal cleared: Will it give India an edge over China, Pakistan?
- DNA: US designates Pak-based Hizbul chief Syed Salahuddin as global terrorist
- Union Cabinet approves recommendations of 7th Pay Commission on allowances
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- WATCH: MS Dhoni turns 'bat saving mode' on as rain comes pouring at Port of Spain in 1st IND vs WI ODI
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- Saw Byculla Jail officials mercilessly thrashing woman prisoner, Indrani Mukerjea tells Mumbai court
- Azam Khan's another shocker: `Lady terrorists chopped off parts of Indian Army soldiers to take revenge for rape` - Watch
- Dutch PM's Hindi tweet to Narendra Modi has evoked funny reactions on Twitter – know why
- JD(U) slams Congress for 'unwarranted' attack on Nitish Kumar, calls BJP 'natural ally'
- India's 6th 'eye in the sky', ISRO's Cartosat -2 series satellite, sends first images back to Earth
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances today, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- 'India-US alliance to check China's rise will be catastrophic'
- Sachin Tendulkar steps in to convince 'apprehensive' Ravi Shastri for India coach job: Report