According to a report published on Tuesday, the newly discovered species that are small enough to sit on a fingernail were there in abundance but had likely been overlooked because of their size.
Almost 20 per cent of the food made available to consumers worldwide is lost through over-eating or wastage, according to a new study.
Scientists are developing a new way of extracting uranium from seawater, an advance that may help countries that lack resources to harness nuclear power from the oceans.
The medical community is in need of alternative therapies that do not rely on the opioid pathways to relieve pain.
The survey covered an area of 11,000 square kilometres in Zhejiang. Scientists identified eight new species among the fossils.
The park called 'Prakriti' is located near Shastri Park Metro Station, in New Delhi.
Over 3,55,000 eggs have been laid by Olive Ridley sea turtles within a week of mass nesting in Rushikulya river mouth of Ganjam coast, which is an all-time record.
The study says causes of air pollution and climate change are intricately linked and needed to be tackled together.
It could explain why, when looks are deceiving, the insects are still able to show a preference for mates from the same species ?
The teams went to cities in the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region and neighbouring areas, including Shanxi, Shandong and Henan provinces, the Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) said.
India's Science, Environment and Railway ministers on Friday flagged off, the world's largest "science exhibition on wheels", the Science Express train to create an awareness on climate change in the country.
Scientists attached to the Goa-based National Institute of Oceanography (NIO) said that India's only active volcano, the Barren Islands volcano which is located in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, erupted for about four hours in January this year.
Using dozens of non-invasive camera traps for sampling entire populations, rather than track a handful of individuals, the research team recorded some 2,500 images of the three predators in action.
The study simulated the effects of painting roofs white to reflect incoming solar rays and found that it could help cool cities and reduce the effects of global warming.
A team of scientists from Harvard University is producing a hybrid woolly mammoth embryo using DNA from specimens found frozen in Siberian ice.
According to researchers, seagrass meadows reduce bacteria pathogenic to humans and marine life by up to 50 percent.
The sea ice is likely to decrease further as it usually melts to its smallest for the year at the end of February in the summer of southern hemisphere, researchers said.
Scientists say that 5 million square kilometer landmark east of Australia is a continent and this theory is backed by satellite data and rock samples.
The authors said they needed to conduct more research to determine how much of the oxygen loss was due to global warming and how much was related to natural climate cycles.
Mawlynnong has a environmentally conscious village population to alomost zero tolerance for littering and throwing waste.
In addition, a ceremony will be organised by the zoo on February 21, to bid farewell to Bao Bao.
Nitrogen dioxide pollution, much of it caused by road traffic, represents a serious health risk.
According to a monthly analysis of global temperatures by scientists at NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York, last month's temperature was 0.20 degrees Celsius cooler than the warmest January in 2016.
The report further mentions that India's toll is 13 times higher than Bangladesh's and 21 times higher than Pakistan's.
Ministry sources said that the clearing of the oil is at an "advance" stage and a team of Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) also visited the port for monitoring the situation.
Researchers have found that climate change harmed nearly half of endangered land mammals and a quarter of birds, a much higher segment than previously thought.
According to the new study, computerised tomography (CT) scans of fossils of the dog-sized reptile, Therapsid Euchambersia, showed anatomical features, designed for venom production.
As per a new study, this is the first time that scientists have uncovered the evidence that man-made pollutants have now reached the farthest corners of our Earth.
Previous studies have suggested it came about due to an eruption associated with a plume that now lies directly below Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean, about 66 million years ago.
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Terror attack outside British Parliament, several injured
- Delhi doctors wear helmets to work in support to their counterparts in Maharashtra
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Netaji Subhash Park in Yogi Adityanath's hometown Gorakhpur under illegal occupation
- Why terror attacks are increasing in European countries
- DNA: Analysing the problem of water scarcity in India
- DNA: Why India is lacking behind many countries in World happiness index?
- DNA: Today in history, 23 March 2017
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers
- Kapil Sharma case: Bombay HC stays FIR against comedian, directs BMC to resolve dispute
- SUDDEN INSPECTION! What happened when Yogi Adityanath paid surprise visit to Hazratganj police station
- VIRAL VIDEO: Here's what some Muslims did when Yogi Adityanath became UP CM
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad hits Air India staffer with slipper; complainant says 'God save our country'
- How will Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad go back to Pune? After Air India, IndiGo cancels his ticket
- Shaun Tait becomes an 'Overseas Citizen of India' – Does that make him eligible to play for India in future?