20 interesting facts about IPL 6!
The sixth season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) came to an end yesterday. Although there were shadows of the spot-fixing scam, yet the sixth edition of the IPL has succeeded in making some remarkable records. Zee Research Group (ZRG) takes an opportunity to present 20 interesting facts about the IPL 6.
1. First Batsman: Mike Hussey is the first and only batsman to score more than 730 runs in IPL 6. Hussey’s 733 run in the IPL 6 is the highest individual score made by a batsmen in any IPL season.
2. Two close matches: The verdict of two matches came after ‘super-overs’ were played in the IPL 6. One instance being when Sunrisers Hyderabad defeated Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) at Hyderabad on April 7, 2013 in match number seven. The other instance being when RCB defeated Delhi Daredevils at Bangalore on April 16, 2013 in match number 21.
3. Duck: Ashish Nehra of Delhi Daredevils and Ravi Rampul of Royal Challenger Bangalore got out on a duck thrice in 10 innings of the IPL 2013.
4. Four batsmen scored centuries: Only four batsmen scored century in the IPL 6. Chris Gayle scored 175 runs off 66 deliveries with 13 fours and 17 sixes against Pune Warriors. While Shane Watson scored 101 runs against Chennai Super kings, David Miller scored 101 runs against RCB and Suresh Raina scored 100 runs against Pune Warriors.
5. Five wickets in a match: James Faulkner of Rajasthan Royals is the only bowler to pick up five wickets twice against Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL 6.
6. Most Sixes in a match: Chris Gayle has hit maximum 17 sixes in a single match. He scored 175 runs off 66 balls with 17 sixes in his kitty.
7. Highest seventh wicket partnership: Kieron Pollard and Harbhajan Singh of Mumbai Indians scored 65 runs partnership against the Chennai Super Kings in IPL 6. This is the highest partnership for the seventh wicket.
8. Most not outs: Kieron Pollard of Mumbai Indians has a record of maximum eight not out in the 18 innings of the IPL 6.
9. Nine Teams: This is the second consecutive year where nine teams have participated in the sixth edition of the IPL. Sunrisers Hyderabad was the new team in the IPL 6.
10. Match won by ten wickets: Chennai Super Kings is the only team to register a 10 wicket victory against the King XI Punjab in the IPL 6 at Mohali. 11. Most Leg Bye runs: Royal Challenger Bangalore has given the most 11 leg bye runs against Mumbai Indians in the IPL 6.
12. Most wide runs: Delhi Daredevils has given maximum 12 wide runs against the Pune Warriors in the IPL 6.
13. Most Fours in an innings: Chris Gayle of Royal Challenger Bangalore and Shane Watson of Rajasthan Royals smashed maximum 13 fours in an innings. While Chris Gayle scored it against Pune Warriors, Shane Watson did it against Sunrisers Hyderabad.
14. 14 catches by a player: Dwayne Bravo has taken the maximum fourteen catches in 17 matches of the IPL 6.
15. 15 catches by a wicketkeeper: Mahendra Singh Dhoni has taken maximum fifteen catches in 18 matches of the IPL 6.
16. Most runs conceded: Umesh Yadav of Delhi Daredevils has given the most 508 runs in 16 matches of the IPL 6.
17. Seventeen century partnerships: The IPL sixth edition witnessed maximum seventeen century partnership. The highest wicket partnership of 167 runs was formed between Chris Gayle and Tillakaratne Dilshan against Pune Warriors.
18. Highest Wicket Taker: Dwayne Bravo of Chennai Super Kings is the only bowler to have maximum 32 wickets in 18 matches of the IPL 6.
19. Highest Strike Rate: Harbhajan Singh of Mumbai Indians is the only batsmen to have maximum strike rate of 146.83 in the 19 matches of the IPL 6.
20. Extra runs: Kolkata Knight Riders has given maximum 20 extra runs against Chennai Super Kings (April 28, 2013) in IPL 6.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
comments powered by Disqus
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai